cow farts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOW MUCH? Can you believe this? If cows can get rid of gas, why don't they do that, before the bloat to the point where they can't breath, and die? Have any of you know it all jack asses ever lost a cow to bloating? No wonder polituics in this country is so messed up. People will believe anything they see on TV, and then call anyone that tries to tell them the truth, a bad name? I GUESS THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA IS ABOUT COMPLETE?
Old John, serious question here and won't go down the path of the others. Does this apply to all cows? Inability to release gas and thus die from bloating. Wouldn't that imply a short life expectancy for all cows and all cattle would eventually die from bloating?

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOW MUCH? Can you believe this? If cows can get rid of gas, why don't they do that, before the bloat to the point where they can't breath, and die? Have any of you know it all jack asses ever lost a cow to bloating? No wonder polituics in this country is so messed up. People will believe anything they see on TV, and then call anyone that tries to tell them the truth, a bad name? I GUESS THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA IS ABOUT COMPLETE?
Not trying to be argumentative, but I have always been under the impression that diet changes where the gas can occur. I know I have heard livestock fart first hand. I have also used a huge needle to vent gas out of bloated cattle too. My assumption would be gas formed in the last stomach or intestinal tract turns into a fart. Gas formed earlier in the process could easily turn into bloat. I am not a vet, nor have I ever thought about asking our vet but I will next time I see her.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
There is article after article, from beef industry sources to veterinarians, that describe medications or treatments that can be given to cows that will reduce foam in the rumen to the point the cow can get relief from bloat by belching as it normally would without bloat. It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with taking a few moments to look for an answer.

When source after source, such as doctors and scientists and cattle producers who treat bloat for a living, says cows and goats can belch/burp and even fart, I'm pretty much gonna believe them every time over an ignorant grouch who thinks he knows much more than he really does.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EEEEE GAD! i titled this cow fart not really trying to be exact to as how cattle emit the gases from their rumen!!! then intent was that the gov. wants to regulate the emissions from the biological function of livestock. and as frothy bloat the remedy is mineral oil to break up the surface tension on the bubbles in the froth so the cow can belch. there are other remedy that work just as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom