FBI: How to Respond to an Active Shooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sad thing is that if you're out going to the store etc, you're preoccupied and they are ready to do you in... They have the advantage in that regard. We can't be 100% on guard all the time, it'd sure make us jumpy when someone dropped something. Go to church you'll be safe...right! We've had nuts go into a church and shoot up the place. We're never 100% safe regardless of what you may say about carrying something on your hip 24 hours per day. When you think you're perfectly safe, the feds will get ya! They're after us too and they are supposed to be protecting us!!

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Isn't this the mantra of politicians?

images

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Provocative article.

It is too timid to say so but as I read it, it points to the need for citizens to learn how to become violent when faced with an imminent threat of violence. Instead it suggests using social media to do a "collective cultural training" to teach people to unfreeze when faced with imminent danger. All of this relates back to the way people are raised in our culture to be passive and protected and to shun all violence.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Provocative article.

It is too timid to say so but as I read it, it points to the need for citizens to learn how to become violent when faced with an imminent threat of violence. Instead it suggests using social media to do a "collective cultural training" to teach people to unfreeze when faced with imminent danger. All of this relates back to the way people are raised in our culture to be passive and protected and to shun all violence.

The internet can be utilized for "stress inoculation training" and "systematic desensitization" Most commonly associated with PTSD and phobia sufferers sufferers, it can be modified and used to condition specific responses to violence stimuli. It won't eliminate the "startle effect", but it can shorten the OODA Loop for someone in proximity to an attack and increase the effectiveness of the response.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run, hide, fight is what we're taught in the mil. The vast majority of us are not armed at work, so it makes sense in our case. I fly a desk at work, so if an active shooter scenario unfolds, I will lock my office door and push a desk up against it and wait it out. I'll let the security forces guys handle it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom