Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drama much? I doubt very seriously you were in danger of being shot.

You have anything serious to add?
i could have been with the ignorant idea of shooting fleeing people we think committed a felony with impunity, that’s my point. Screw due process, the constitution… Judge Dread for the win. It’s a moronic idea, like no gun zones, free speech zones.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first thought was that he probably lived with grandma and that she financed the purchases.
Graduation money? Stolen funds from grandma? Hoarding money given to him by grandma? No telling.
Who know’s? When I was his age I was doing Heat and air, construction clean up and mowing yards while finishing school and liviving with a friend in an apartment.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys one thing many here do not know, in some states, especially in the NE part of the country. You can go see your shrink, tell him are going to go buy a gun and start killing people, and it will not be reported. Law says they are suppose to report that kind of thing but many shrinks see it as doc / patient privilege.
BS

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish it were. I read an article on it a few years back. Not only are they not reporting it to the police, they are not reporting it to the feds to prevent them from buying a gun. I will look and see if I can find it again.

No quick find and I am getting ready to go to bed. I will look again tomorrow but I will say there are a few states that do not even require it. 4 at the last count I think and several other states where it is not required but is permissible.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red flag laws are unconstitutional, period.

Change the age to buy a gun? Ok, but let's make sure that age aligns with legal age to enter military and vote.

Probably need to raise the driving age also, as teenage drivers do seem to create quite a bit of death, and if we're establishing an "age of responsibility" then let's make sure it covers everything.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that this was a horrible demonic act by the room temp perp, It is normal to ask why, how could it have been prevented, and what can we do going forward to make sure it does not happen again. Those are all reasonable thought and discussions to be had.
IMHO, what doesn‘t help is entertaining any type of gun control, or “compromise”. The P.O.S that does horrendous things like happened in Uvalde, is not dissuaded by laws or morals. It is already illegal to murder.
As far as whether AR style rifles should be in civilians hands? Yes, yes they should. The intent of the 2A is to put us citizens on as level of a playing field as our government overlords. Additionally, hands and feet cause more deaths annually than rifles do. Should be outlaw hands and feet or those under 18 or under 25? (Silly sounding isn’t it)
Rather than looking to compromise on more laws or give a little more to satisfy the screaming crowds, how about we look inward and have an honest conversation as to what could be the root of the type of hate and self-centered attitude that can spur an individual to shoot his grandmother and then go kill 19 children and 2 adults? What can we do differently as individuals to change this downward spiral that is happening in our society. I have my thoughts and beliefs on this, what are yours?
In closing, please please please, do NOT fall into the trap of the left, which is telling you that you are a horrible human being if you do not agree with there “common sense” gun legislation. The goal for them is TOTAL disarmament, period. Do not give an inch OKShooters friends. They will take a mile.

EDIT:
As you look at the stats below, realize that once the left successfully gets rid of the MSP, that is used by perps in less than 400 homicides a year, do you think they will be OK with the handguns that are used over 6,000 times a year?

C840C8A9-2C7F-43EB-9605-36BFE971C26A.jpeg

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, the majority of the shooters committing mass shootings have posted some sort of information on social media sites that indicate that they are going to commit such a crime. Instead of the gun laws being the focus of what needs to be changed, why can’t there be more of a focus on monitoring social media? It seams that the technology exists to do this a lot better than it is currently being done. I’m not talking about using this information to take guns from folks. I’m talking about LE using this information to identify and react to threats in real time. There will be many that believe this infringes on the first amendment rights. Could this be a way to turn the tables on the folks that want to take away our second amendment rights? I’m not saying two wrongs make a right, but it could help broaden the subject so that gun laws are not the only conversation of “what is wrong” with these types of events.
It could also be that people post such outlandish things online that when someone does so and is seriously threatening to harm themselves and/or others it can be difficult to determine what is real and what is an attention seeking.

I'm pretty much fed up with all social media. I can't stand the stupidity that runs rampant and how I get attacked for making what I think are reasonable comments. So for my own sanity and to remove a huge time suck from my life I didn't hesitate to delete my current twitter account. It's just not worth the effort or aggravation.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there might be something to the video games. Speaking from personal experience, I played my first “modern“ game about 10 or 12 years ago; it was Gears of War. I remember being shocked by the gore and violence in the game the first several times I played. I even reset the settings to reduce the gore during the first couple of months. Fast forward a couple of years and I was hardly phased by the gore. I really think I had become desensitized to violence in the games. I quit playing them once I realized this was happening.
I think many of us have definitely become desensitized to a lot of things these days. Me included. I'm definitely not a teenager, but imagine growing up never knowing a time when these games, violent movies, violent online videos, etc. weren't available or when you could get a reprieve at home from the stress (bullies, etc.) of school. Now they bullies can stalk you on social media, etc. Parents definitely need to talk with their kids about the dangers of technology and social media.

I've got a couple of gaming consoles and several of the Gears of War versions myself. Haven't played them in a while either.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mental illness isn’t treated by insurance like other illnesses. It’s criminal what we do and how we treat the mentally ill in this country.

I’ve been pretty close to some folks that had serious problems, and it’s next to impossible for them to get treated. A bottle of pills and a cab they have to pay for to take them home. We need beds. Mentally ill folks don’t belong in the streets or in prison. They belong in medical institutions, but they need to be treated like humans. Most of the folks I’ve known ended up dead before their time, either from their own hand or from living on the street. It’s tragic.
My wife showed me a video that a lady from Piedmont posted about how her adult, schizophrenic son was "treated" at St. Anthony's . . . or SSM . . . whatever it's been renamed to. You really have to see it to truly believe how horrible it was. He presented to the ER in a manic state. Was released. Walked to an over pass on 235 and jumped. Landed on his feet. Ended up breaking both ankles and several vertebrae. Things just went downhill even more from there . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom