I can't taste my coffee!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tested positive for the Igg Antigen but negative for the rapid and PCR tests after getting tested out of curiosity.

I received my second dose of Moderna back in February but started feeling lethargic back in May after flying to an Airshow in Louisiana but never anything bad enough to go to my doctor. I had 3 separate medical appointments with 3 different doctors and besides my eyes, they all told me to keep up the good work as all of my tests have gotten better since last visit.

The loss of taste is what finally got me curious enough to get tested so I went and got tested, the results showed that I had the Igg antibodies in my system, which I still do not know if I had it and didn’t really get sick like most do. Coffee is what started the loss of taste and Coke was also pretty nasty/harsh. I don’t drink much of either, but it was certainly different and I still have trouble with both.

I’ve been the “Chef” in our house for the last 26 years when I was home from deployments while in the Navy but it is also odd that my delicious meals are nowhere as good as they used to be.

We’ve had distant family members succumb to Covid but all of them also had health problems and we also have lifelong friends who died from Covid due to not getting help soon enough thinking they would beat it like they usually do with the flu.

All of this to say, I hope we get our taste buds back because I love to eat and cook for family and friends. I guess I’m lucky to have only experienced the mild side of this germ, I’ve always refused the flu shots and even with 20 years in the Navy all my medical emergencies I recovered quickly.

This one has my attention.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Kick it’s butt, Don! Prayers for your recovery.
For the record, I’ve had a slight runny nose, slight headache and a chemical like taste in my mouth since getting the vax back in February.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kick it’s butt, Don! Prayers for your recovery.
For the record, I’ve had a slight runny nose, slight headache and a chemical like taste in my mouth since getting the vax back in February.
Thanks! I had real strong allergy like symptoms for three weeks before I got really sick.

What's weird is that it started out like a stomach bug with a fever then my fever broke and I was really weak and I was nauseous for several days. I lost most of my sense of taste and smell a few days into it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom