A real Political thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's not really how I remember it. I remember a certain "Read my lips. No new taxes" comment. I also remember Bush getting elected and raising taxes. Also remember that BJ Bill was elected with less than 50% of the vote. Also remember a certain short guy named Perot getting 19% of the vote. I wouldn't really call that Clinton winning easily, I'd call that getting some help from a 3rd party.

I forgot about Perot,imagine that.hahahaha My statement still stands,if the election had been held in 1990,Bush would have won by a landslide.The point is,what happens in the next 12 months really has little to do with how the election will turn out.What really matters is the weeks and days before 11/06/12.BTW,Perot didn't win a single state(hence no electoral votes),just some votes and only speculation of who he hurt the most.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about Perot,imagine that.hahahaha My statement still stands,if the election had been held in 1990,Bush would have won by a landslide.The point is,what happens in the next 12 months really has little to do with how the election will turn out.What really matters is the weeks and days before 11/06/12.BTW,Perot didn't win a single state(hence no electoral votes),just some votes and only speculation of who he hurt the most.

I hear you, but I'm pretty sure he pulled from Bush more than Clinton. I'm pretty darn conservative and I was on board with Perot up until I found out about his 2A stance. It wasn't any at all better than Bush. Clinton was never an option for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom