A real Political thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cain was top on my list until I visited his web site. Go there. Check the issues page. The 2nd Amendment as an issue is a glaring ommision. As a conservative candidate it is almost a given that a stand on the 2nd must be made public. The absence of a stand is a game changer for me since a pol's stand on the 2nd shows them to be either a leader who trusts the people or a ruler who does not.

Good lord, I think I will ask for my $25 back because he doesn't mention the Constitution nor the DoI or any of the amendments. Anyone that does not support the 22nd amendment won't get my vote. /sarcasm

I guess people read into things that they want or feel or believe.

Carry on with the partisan bickering.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, the "conservatives" didn't exactly have the country on a positive path and no POTUS could violate The Cinstitution any more tha GWB did.

I won't argue on this one, but I'm going to have to ask you for proof. And don't bring up the Patriot Act because that passed the muster of the courts and was recently renewed under the Obama administration.

Just curious as to what it was that GWB did that was unconstitutional.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cain was top on my list until I visited his web site. Go there. Check the issues page. The 2nd Amendment as an issue is a glaring ommision. As a conservative candidate it is almost a given that a stand on the 2nd must be made public. The absence of a stand is a game changer for me since a pol's stand on the 2nd shows them to be either a leader who trusts the people or a ruler who does not.

So far the only other names that have caught my attention are Michelle Bachman of Mn and Rick Perry of TX.

Let's see....300 million or so people here in the USA,possibly,for the sake of argument,3 million who are concerned about POSSIBLE greater firearms restriction and "restoring" perceived rights.That's 1% of the populace.It's almost 1 1/2 years until the election.I don't think we should be critical about a candidate not addressing anything this early.Right now,things like the economy,gas prices,assorted current and future wars,health care,etc. all have a more pressing need to be discussed than whether we can open carry nation wide.I suspect that sometime in the next 18 months all candidates will speak on 2nd amendment issues.BTW,I chuckle at all the hoopla about any candidate this early.In 1990,George Bush Sr. was praised for his handling of the first Gulf War.His approval rating was something like 80%.Speculation if the election were held in 1990,he would have been unbeatable.Two years later,a relatively unknown governor from Arkansas easily beat him.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't argue on this one, but I'm going to have to ask you for proof. And don't bring up the Patriot Act because that passed the muster of the courts and was recently renewed under the Obama administration.

True about the Patriot Act, and Shootin 4 Fun might want to review Woodrow Wilson; his support of the "Federal Reserve" thing, along with the "League of Nations" (precurser to the anti-American UN) casts a bit of a pall over him, too. I'd say the Fed Reserve has done more to damage this country than any other thing in it's history. Unless you live in the South....then the whole "Northern agression" thing could be argued.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of how the folks in Ca. are. I flew into Travis AFB for "re-indroctination" to society after serving in the crap hole.
Leaving, we had to pass through dozens of lib protesters with knives, and toy babies stabbing them and screaming about how we were baby killers.
there were bars on the windows of the bus. I finally realized the bars were to keep us in, and not the protesters out.

My political life started that day.

Understand that. Spent a few weeks at Oakland Army Ocean Terminal in August of '71. No I was not returning from the crap hole, but saw enough then, I was already registered Republican in OK and never wandered since.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would like to hear this one too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see....300 million or so people here in the USA,possibly,for the sake of argument,3 million who are concerned about POSSIBLE greater firearms restriction and "restoring" perceived rights.That's 1% of the populace.It's almost 1 1/2 years until the election.I don't think we should be critical about a candidate not addressing anything this early.Right now,things like the economy,gas prices,assorted current and future wars,health care,etc. all have a more pressing need to be discussed than whether we can open carry nation wide.I suspect that sometime in the next 18 months all candidates will speak on 2nd amendment issues.BTW,I chuckle at all the hoopla about any candidate this early.In 1990,George Bush Sr. was praised for his handling of the first Gulf War.His approval rating was something like 80%.Speculation if the election were held in 1990,he would have been unbeatable.Two years later,a relatively unknown governor from Arkansas easily beat him.

+1 well said.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
snipped....BTW,I chuckle at all the hoopla about any candidate this early.In 1990,George Bush Sr. was praised for his handling of the first Gulf War.His approval rating was something like 80%.Speculation if the election were held in 1990,he would have been unbeatable.Two years later,a relatively unknown governor from Arkansas easily beat him.

That's not really how I remember it. I remember a certain "Read my lips. No new taxes" comment. I also remember Bush getting elected and raising taxes. Also remember that BJ Bill was elected with less than 50% of the vote. Also remember a certain short guy named Perot getting 19% of the vote. I wouldn't really call that Clinton winning easily, I'd call that getting some help from a 3rd party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom