Another Electric Bill Increase ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ny Brother in Christ, Think about this, and I didnt need any google snippets to know it.

I'm not going to try and debate corporate energy company finances because I aint that smart but I am smart enough to know that they must make profit for future grid expansion and upgrades, not to mention unknown future weather events that put a strong dent in that company profit, and they are. It aint going into any 1 mans pocket, I am smart enough to know that. Without a profit for future grid expansion and upgrades, we'll be in a world of hurt within a short time.
If you dont like it, your welcome to try and live off grid. Some do and their life is hard asf

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ny Brother in Christ, Think about this, and I didnt need any google snippets to know it.

I'm not going to try and debate corporate energy company finances because I aint that smart but I am smart enough to know that they must make profit for future grid expansion and upgrades, not to mention unknown future weather events that put a strong dent in that company profit, and they are. It aint going into any 1 mans pocket, I am smart enough to know that. Without a profit for future grid expansion and upgrades, we'll be in a world of hurt within a short time.
If you dont like it, your welcome to try and live off grid. Some do and their life is hard asf

Most people don't understand what gross profit is. Gross Profit = Revenue less Cost of Goods Sold

Gross profit excludes the cost of capital to build and pay for the infrastructure.

Net income is the actual net profit when all costs are included, things like taxes, interest, amortization.

Gross profit may be increasing but due to increases in other costs, net income has been unstable and OGE lost money in 2020.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they may be informing the public more than in the past -- seems like fuel adjustments, etc were automatically added and if you don't look close at your monthly bill and the inserts you never noticed it because your bill fluctuates so much every month - we are very fortunate to have some of the cheapest power in the nation -- the liberal idiots are pushing to eliminate coal fired plants and OGE has already converted a couple of their big units to gas -- if you even think about voting for a democrat you own this problem.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, many eons ago, I remember the electric bill at around $9.00 per month. didn't have natural gas, we cooked with propane (one of those tanks that is around 4-5 feet tall and can't remember what it cost to fill it with propane. Didn't have water bills because we used a well that cost $1.00 per foot to drill and as I remember it was 50 feet deep..? Many buckets of water was drawn and carried to the garden from that well and it still exists today. We raised our own garden, green beans and I don't like green beans to this day. We had them nearly every meal and I'd go out and pick a couple and eat them raw.. I can remember carrying buckets of water to the garden so they'd have moisture to grow. Cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, okra, radishes, watermelons and I'm not sure what else was grown.
Those days are long gone now, rarely do we hear of someone living like that. Usually people live in the cities where all the conveniences of life are and they either don't know how to grow anything but kids or don't have enough land to grow anything of merit on.
I think Eisenhower was president and the years were from 1953-1960. Everyone in the neighborhood was fairly poor except for the families whose dad worked at Tinker.
I just thought i'd throw this out for purview as to how things cost yesteryear. I didn't like being poor, I thank God things are better today than then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom