Anyone else expecting a really crappy Christmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is worth remembering that no matter how bad you have it there are a thousand people who would trade places with you in a heartbeat. That's a fact.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life isn't perfect, sometimes it's a battle, and things don't always go the way we hope they will, but at least we still live in the greatest nation on Earth and have each other to vent our frustrations to. So grab a deep seat and enjoy the ride as it will come to an end sooner than we want it to.....Merry Christmas and may God bless us all.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could reach through the net and bear hug every one of you guys.
Oh no JB, as for me I'm having a good one. Very cold at my house but I've got lots of seasoned pecan and bois d'arc wood that is all ready to burn. Got a little grandson in Alaska that is really close to Santa and we got to watch him this morning on face time. I plan on retiring the first Feb. and making a trip to Alaska. I'll let that little guy give me a hug and everything will be fine. You have a Merry Christmas yourself JB..VIKING

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take you up on that JB. First Christmas without my husband. I' ve been on an emotional roller coaster all month. I made it my mission this year to help my BFF with all her plans because her hubby is such a sorry dirtbag and by next year she may not have a house to Christmas in. But now here I am at my keyboard with the only family I have. And I've met so few of you personally. But you all keep me sane and connected to the rest of humanity.

tRdoc...what family I had, sounds about like yours. It's why I haven't been east of the Mississippi river in 25 years.

Ah well..."God bless us every one." If shouldering my burden lessens the burden of one other, then I gladly donate myself.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tRdoc, I have felt the same way that you are feeling about Christmas for the past several years.

This year is no different. I am not depressed or a solitary person or anything, I am just sick and tired of all the hype and everything of the holidays.

You are not the only one in the boat. If you are in the boat alone, there are many others in their little boats right behind you.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
many years ago I started taking this time of year as just another string of days....people were always after me to do this do that (not enough time)-- ex wives (2) screaming for more of my non existant money==all the while 90% of the people are commiting financial suicide....this is a time of year to improve your endurance....I doubt that Jesus would endorse what his holiday has become...a time for merchandisers and money lenders...with a minimal amount of effort directed toward those that need actually need help..and now I can look forward to a new year...my patience has been rewarded...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a blessed man.

There is this "online" family whom I get to keep up with via a forum. Of all the members here, I've only met two, both of which were because of face-to-face purchases of ammo and a IWB holster. I'd really like to meet more, but life's timing isn't always good for that.

Reading of the heartache here is almost enough to bring tears to my eyes. My hopes are that each of you finds peace and love and companionship.

I am here, living in an RV and my wife of 44 years today is mixing up cookie dough for chocolate chip cookies as I write this. Heh, she says it is my anniversary gift, but just being with her is gift enough. (She has had two health issues arise in the last two months, but the prognosis for both is good.)

Both of my sons live in the area, one of which has provided me with 4 grandchildren. I've been able to see both of them this holiday.

Merry Christmas to all and may God shower you with blessings too numerous to mention, starting with good health.

Latest posts

Top Bottom