Best BBQ Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa area - Donny Teel AKA Buffalo BBQ in Sperry. Drive north until Peoria turns into Hwy 11, look for the Daylight Donuts sign, roll down your windows and follow the smell of deliciousness.

Burn Co is a good backup, or when I don't want to drive to Sperry (I live ~1mile from Burn Co). I didn't take them as legit until I saw Donny Teel gave them his blessing. Burn Co has a moderate line some days, but you can buy beer while you wait and they hand out free meat every now and again.

I go to ATX all the time but will not brave the Franklin's line. I'd rather grab some chili and breakfast tacos down there.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Franklin's in Austin. It's worth the trip.

Pffffffttttttt....it's just a tourist trap anymore. Who's got 4 hours to stand in line just to eat barbeque?? Go to Lockhart, TX; about a 40 minute drive south of Austin and take your pick of Black's; Kreuz Market; or Smitty's Market - any and all of them are terrific, and no lines (hardly any - you might wait 10 minutes or so). And for the love of all things barbeque, never go to Salt Lick just outside Austin!

Latest posts

Top Bottom