Best BBQ Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I go to ATX all the time but will not brave the Franklin's line. I'd rather grab some chili and breakfast tacos down there.
Then go over to La Barbecue (first) or Micklethwait (second)...Terry Black's on Barton Springs is pretty good if you're out later (all the others will be sold out). Or, let me know when you're coming down, and I'll stand in line for us both at Franklin's...I take my lawn-chair, a 6-pack, and spend the time working.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pffffffttttttt....it's just a tourist trap anymore. Who's got 4 hours to stand in line just to eat barbeque?? Go to Lockhart, TX; about a 40 minute drive south of Austin and take your pick of Black's; Kreuz Market; or Smitty's Market - any and all of them are terrific, and no lines (hardly any - you might wait 10 minutes or so). And for the love of all things barbeque, never go to Salt Lick just outside Austin!

Those are all decent places (in Lockhart), but don't compare to Franklin or La Barbecue. And yeah, Salt Lick sucks (unless all you care about is drinking wine). There are literally 20+ BBQ joints in the Austin area that are world class. I don't know why this market hasn't made it to Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom