Coffee Cup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried it, and maybe it's because I'm like 1000 years old, but old school html is easier to initially use and modify as you go.

Thanks Craig. GREAT website BTW. LOVE the tone of a sweet tube amp also (who in their right mind doesn't)!

I'm thinking that for me, I'm going to find using a WYSIWYG is going to be easier. I've currently been using the GoDaddy Website Tonight editor and it's just too cumbersome and slow. I've done programming of all types (hell, that was my MOS in the Marine Corps) but I find now that I'm 1000 years old too, I just don't want to expend the brain power on sorting it all out and making sure I've taken everything into account for it to look right. I'd rather use that energy on design, photos and manufacture. I don't know... maybe as I keep walking down this path, I'll end up just creating raw HTML, but I am hoping there is a middle ground that might be the best of both worlds.

Do you use a preview editor and just tweek as you go or ?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out yahoo small business. They give you a lot of tools and ability to customize. I think the basic store is like $39.95 a month.

Thansk, I'll look at them. I currently use GoDaddy hosting on my own website with PayPal payments. It works for not but it's not my ideal scenario. I also have an Amazon Marketplace account setup with my most popular pen for sale there now and will be adding more to it.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We started out with amazon marketplace storsabout 4 years ago, just could not stand their fee's and only getting payments every 2 weeks if I remember correctly. I was paying amazon over $1000 every two weeks. You can use paypal for payments on yahoo stores, or you can use your own credit card processing. It really depends on the volume of sales and what features you like as to what is the best bet.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive preached it before and ya might think I'm crazy but you can make a pretty darn good looking site using IWeb if you have a mac.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words HMFIC. I don't use a preview editor, I just have two windows open(one editing & one viewing live) make changes, save them, and refresh the live page to view them. The really easy way for us 1000 yr old's to start from scratch, is to go to a site that you like most of, view the source, copy & past it in one of your blank pages, and modify it until you have your own version. Most of the "canned" builders limit you on creativity or style and the easy things turn out to be the hardest. IMHO the wizz bang index pages with flash are quickly fading because they just waste the viewers time. Easy viewing & navigation will win every time.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used coffeecup a long long long time ago when I was in highschool when Geocities was still around. For serious work, nothing is better or faster than a dedicated text editor for html and css. On the mac, I primarily use Coda, but have used textmate and css edit. Firefox using the Firebug plugin is mandatory for all web design and it's pretty much universal no matter what OS or browser you prefer.

If you really need a simple way to design websites in a WYSIWYG type editor, I'd look into a lightCMS subscription. The company that produces it is an Oklahoma City company called Element Fusion. The creative director did a great job designing an intuitive interface for drag and droppable elements for designing a webpage in their latest updates.

Honestly though, if you have the patience to spend a day, anyone can learn html and css to design a basic page. It's a lot easier than you think. Tons of resources on the web.

Latest posts

Top Bottom