Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma voters chose to legalize medical marijuana in 2018.
I call BS on that! Voters chose to legalize a 'recreational marijuana' bill that was just CALLED 'medical.' We were outright lied to!

That original bill did require one (1!) doctor's visit. There were NO required a) followup visits, b) dosage instructions or limits, c) refill limits, or d) reporting of patients to state or federal 'drug list'

What cuckoo clock considers THAT to be (in any way) just a 'medical marijuana' legislation???

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
They say back in the oil boom town of Cromwell, OK. labeled the most evil town in the country at the time, where famous lawman Bill Tillman was murdered by a crooked prohibition agent. This town was so crooked a doctor had a desk on the sidewalk in front of the drug store, writing prescriptions to anyone with $5, for control drugs! I guess medical pot is nothing new?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I call BS on that! Voters chose to legalize a 'recreational marijuana' bill that was just CALLED 'medical.' We were outright lied to!

That original bill did require one (1!) doctor's visit. There were NO required a) followup visits, b) dosage instructions or limits, c) refill limits, or d) reporting of patients to state or federal 'drug list'

What cuckoo clock considers THAT to be (in any way) just a 'medical marijuana' legislation???

Well, a doc writing scrip would
A user needing a script would
A cop checking your card over possession would
The OSBI would

Did I miss anyone?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It probably isn't a popular opinion, but pot is not going to lead anyone to any place good. I can see it for someone with chronic pain/disease as something to cope with, but even then I think it is going to do its damage and one has to look at that as a damage that is acceptable given a hard situation. I don't see any point in all the comparisons of one drug/drink to another, the bottom line is that they can diminish the quality of lives pretty quickly as one becomes a slave to them.

It may be better for liberty for one to be able to smoke it, but it is certainly worse for society as people diminish themselves with it. As someone who is entirely fed up with the entitlement system of this country and the various checks of all sorts being mailed out to everybody for any reason, legalized pot seems like a way to make that situation all the worse as people don't want to do anything but smoke on their couch and be content that others are working on their behalf.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It probably isn't a popular opinion, but pot is not going to lead anyone to any place good. I can see it for someone with chronic pain/disease as something to cope with, but even then I think it is going to do its damage and one has to look at that as a damage that is acceptable given a hard situation. I don't see any point in all the comparisons of one drug/drink to another, the bottom line is that they can diminish the quality of lives pretty quickly as one becomes a slave to them.

It may be better for liberty for one to be able to smoke it, but it is certainly worse for society as people diminish themselves with it. As someone who is entirely fed up with the entitlement system of this country and the various checks of all sorts being mailed out to everybody for any reason, legalized pot seems like a way to make that situation all the worse as people don't want to do anything but smoke on their couch and be content that others are working on their behalf.

Handing out checks for not working (or handing out checks to companies) is wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'd like to legalize drugs, and eliminate welfare to businesses and individuals alike. They are two very separate issues.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handing out checks for not working (or handing out checks to companies) is wrong, wrong, wrong.

100% agree.

I'd like to legalize drugs, and eliminate welfare to businesses and individuals alike. They are two very separate issues.

I'm not against that, but I don't ever see our country returning to that model (eliminating welfare), at least not with women voting. Drugs and welfare are connected because of the nanny state we live in. The checks get handed out hand over fist "for the children", "for the women", "for this group", etc. One issue we are now seeing is that the freebies are so large that they are diminishing the value of money itself - they are simply printing too much of it out of thin air to give to everyone and the intrinsic worth of money and the work it represents is being diminished.

If someone has the money and isn't responsible for taking care of anyone else, if they want to drug themselves into oblivion, that would be their choice, and I would say they should have the liberty to do it.

On the other hand, if they have a family to support, if they have children that need to be fed or housed, and they fail in doing any of that, then they should need to be accountable for it. Does this strictly have anything to do with drugs? No, but it is often drugs at the root of why they are failing to do what they are responsible for. How do you encourage people to be responsible? That is the question. Jail? Forced work? I'm not sure what the answer is, only that we have an epidemic problem of these things now that we didn't have 4 to 5 decades ago. No doubt the destruction of the family is behind much of it. You don't discourage the wrong or bad behavior by giving someone a shiny EBT card to go to Reasor's and buy up everything they want on other's dimes, you discourage it by giving a block of cheese and powdered milk that will feed them, but they might feel like working for something better.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

>handing out checks for not working is WRONG WRONG WRONG
>y-yes....i NEED MY COL ADJUSTMENT ON MY SS, MY PENSION ISN'T ENOUGH TO COVER THIS!

oh come on now that's TOO easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom