Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've known several people who realized "hey, if i can grow this weed, i bet i can grow food, too...." and gone into gardening.

i don't know too many drunks who have gone into.....i dunno.....growing hops? don't get me wrong, i know several people who home brew, heck i make wine and whatnot. but still, point stands learning how to grow things is a great skill and if weed is the "gateway drug" to gardening then hey works for me.
I grow tomatoes and peppers currently only. What gets me was I could grow more bud than I couldn’t possibly consume, even making a jarring butter. Couldn’t legally give it away to even card holders. Give tomatoes away freely.
Growing weed sometimes isn’t for the faint of heart sometimes. Last go around I introduced a clone with my girls and got a spider mite infection that got out of control quickly before I caught it. Cost me a bit of money and time. I know so many people growing now, don’t think i would have to pay for it.

I brewed a bit also but it’s really a time consuming pain in the ass. Yeah hang out drink beer and brew, the comradely, but I don’t drink nearly like I used to.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is all about illegal taxes in the form of “licenses”….for instance, why should I have to get an Oklahoma welding license so I can work in Oklahoma? They say so there’s proof I can weld, the license requires I pass a welding test. I have to pass a test to prove I can weld for every job regardless if I have that card or not.
That is so the state really knows you can weld. I worked for a contractor crew for a year once between bigger jobs. We did hydrogen compressor rebuilds in refineries that required a piss test to work in those enviroments.
The contractor gave us the sample bottles and told us to bring them back the next day and make danged sure they were clean of drugs. Half the crew were pot heads and could no way pass that test, but they all showed up clean when the results came back.
When it comes to welding high pressure lines that may contain gasses or fluids that can kill hundreds if not thousands of people with a faulty weld, I'm sure you can see why the state wants to know as a regulatory agency that you can actually weld and aren't just a dobber that claims they can weld which some contractors would hire.
If you're as good a welder as I'm sure you are, there should be zero issues with doing a weld test that the state requires to satisfy their safety concerns. It's just one more weld.
I've watched a lot of welders working in the boiler at our Power Plant before I retired. Amazing skills for that high pressure work with two guys working on one pipe. One would start the weld on his side of the pipe. On the other side the other welder would pick up the arc halfway around and finish the weld so it would be continuous. Xray after.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't that the same prediction about open carry laws?

Why do I think some of the same people that opposed open carry oppose legalization?

I can almost see them.....
What we see is that legal gun ownership and OC laws have resulted in lower crime statistics in the states when enacted for a fact. Show me one state or municipality where that hasn't happened.
Reducing or eliminating penalties about drugs shows increased crime statistics in states where that has happened because the druggies have no fear of the law. Homelessness has increased, crime has increased by those needing their fix and so on.
Also searchable and provable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's sort of like 'prohibition'. Booze was Federally illegal, but was still available to anyone that could afford it. Even though MJ is Federally illegal, millions are partaking, so might as well legalize it and gain a little income from a reasonable tax on it. The key is to make the 'officially sanctioned' MJ less expensive than the 'black market' MJ.
And it hasn't happened that way. Government thinks they are going to make a fortune on it with taxes.
Bubba on the street corner has better stuff cheaper. Who do you think the stoners are going to for their pot?
We spend a lot of time in Colorado where its recreational in the summers. Some of our group partakes occasionally while I've never participated in my life, but it's their choice. I'll partake of some alcohol thank you.
Just read someone has developed a breath test so they can tell if a stoner is driving impaired, similar to the alcohol breath test although it's typically not hard to tell if someone has been toking and driving by the smell in the vehicle and on their clothing. Now there are vape things that really suppress the smell with liquid THC.
About time. The stoners have been thinking they are getting by driving impaired because there was no test unless they got in a wreck or something serious and had to submit a piss test or blood test.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
too EZ, i eat light, sometimes none at all for lunch. old guys over 65 tend to eat heart attack friendly, statin, BP medz friendly diets. i can eat a whooooole lot of those.

here we go then, lets test a real simple one.

https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
i did four runs, you can see the scores here. just keep clicking, then hit save score. i've never done this before, i just google searched "reaction test online" and this was the first one that came up.

View attachment 311408

lets see the scores. i was using wireless bluetooth mouse. so i bet i had quite a bit of latency too. where's ya coinz?!?
You want me to open a link that google says is not safe and download a new browser? Seriously?
Your link is not safe.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freedom from the crimes druggies commit to get their next fix? Seriously you can't be that naive.
Maybe you don't but crime statistics prove otherwise.

Aye, here it is.

So, druggies often commit crimes to get their dope. Agreed. Shall we not prosecute those crimes to the utmost?

People commit crimes using guns.

What is it gun owners say?

Something punish good people while bad guys ignore laws something something the gun didn't do the crime something something.....

We haven't even touched on how many young kids catch a permanent record over some BS weed charge that will follow them and hamper their abilities forever. If this becomes legal, at least it'll put and end to that.

In any case, what any of us feel about it is fixin' to be irrelevant. It'll be the law of the land to have that choice, or it won't.

FWIW, I'd really rather see this voted on in a county by county situation.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aye, here it is.

So, druggies often commit crimes to get their dope. Agreed. Shall we not prosecute those crimes to the utmost?

People commit crimes using guns.

What is it gun owners say?

Something punish good people while bad guys ignore laws something something the gun didn't do the crime something something.....

We haven't even touched on how many young kids catch a permanent record over some BS weed charge that will follow them and hamper their abilities forever. If this becomes legal, at least it'll put and end to that.

In any case, what any of us feel about it is fixin' to be irrelevant. It'll be the law of the land to have that choice, or it won't.

FWIW, I'd really rather see this voted on in a county by county situation.
Now if we could only get them to piggyback legalizing ibogaine therapy for opioid addiction on the bill as well.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freedom from the crimes druggies commit to get their next fix? Seriously you can't be that naive.
Maybe you don't but crime statistics prove otherwise.
One of these is destroying our country
The other is a plant.
Seems to me one is worth the effort to remove
The other is a hot button topic that is used to keep folks from coming together to fight the real threats to all of us.

CFE51053-6A79-47E7-826D-34B20FEBC9EE.jpeg
48D8B184-16F7-4C0A-97CD-33CC39B7E85C.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom