Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

this guy appears to admit that some officers breached to solely look for THEIR children.

i'm sorry, what rights do police have if they are going to wait in the parking lot to tell other parents they have to do the same? what if a group of parents had more balls than the cops and went in and stopped the guy with chairs and fire extinguishers? i mean really?

like seriously, the cops had at least woman on the ground, had tasers out on several others, would the police have.....arrested someone for breaking their line?

what if they went into the school and tried to help? would police arrest them?!

but let a kid just walk into a school and start blasting?!?! without doing anything?!?!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

one report from a child in the school says after the police entered, they shouted "yell if you need help!"

after a child yelled out; they were quickly targeted and killed by the shooter. i am POSITIVE even when i was in school, we went over that EXACT scenario during our red flag drills. we were not supposed to respond to ANYONE. if they were police, they would enter and obviously be police. if anyone called out and said "this is the police, open the door!" we were supposed to assume it was the shooter.

not saying children should have known this, but it's weird that something that was taught to me literally almost 20 years ago wasn't used today. OR it was a MASSIVE failure of the police.

i understand the need to "secure the perimeter" or whatever super cool macho #*!& you need to do in order to feel like your paycheck means something. but literally yelling and threatening parents who were willing to face down a shooter WHILE YOU WEREN'T is extremely f'd up.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me, until we can understand WHY, these people do things like, killing of innocent kids, we have no chance of changing this behavior, do we? Our society is so affluent that we produce more spoiled brats, than we used to. We are so rich, even our poorest population produces spoiled brats, is that not amazing? A spoiled brat by definition, cares nothing for anyone but themselves, and will do absolutely anything to get what they want! What they want many times is ATTENTION, to be the center of everyone's attention! If you wanted to shock the public, get their attention, you would have to do the most horrendous thing you can think of to accoplish that right? What would be more horrendous, than killing innocent little elimentry school kids? The same holds true with homosexuals, cross dressers, transgenders, and other fruit-loops, they dress, act, talk, and do anything they can to SHOCK people, in as public a place as possible, and get attention, right? Until we stop making spoiled brats out of normal kids, the very worst type of child abuse, in my opinion, we won't solve this problem! Will We?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
there's a good chance he was planning on killing students the next day; as tradition in the school has some sort of deal wherein past students that have already graduated (or maybe the students who are graduating that year?) come back to school for an event.

he was upset that he dropped out and didn't graduate. this was the last week of school. there's a chance he couldn't stick his plan, blasted his grandma during an argument, when the cops were called he decided to go on a spree a day early.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cant even imagine what would be going through my mind in those parents' situation. Anytime I try to put myself in their shoes, the worst outcome I can imagine is being helpless outside while my child is terrified inside. Im not sure we ever truly know how we would react in such a scenario, but I have a strong gut feeling that I would rather die trying to help them than stand around with my hands in my pockets. If for no other reason than not having to spend the rest of my life feeling there is more I could have done. I couldnt handle looking my wife and parents in the eyes.

It is for that precise reason I carry everywhere it isnt a felony to do so and have my preparedness sling bag. I may not be effective in defending the people I love and care about, but I will have every possible tool available to give it my best effort.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i mean that's kinda where i'm at; if the police have no more legal or MORAL obligation to actually protect and serve:

would they physically stop a person from trying to actually protect and serve?

in this case the answer is definitely yes.

to that aim, are the police more willing to prevent you from trying to save someone while others die? i'm sure most of those parents were armed. i mean no offense but it's just one kid.

i don't buy the whole "we exchanged fire but his body armor saved him". i don't buy that at all.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Incredible...
Screenshot_20220526-130914_Facebook.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you been to therapy? I have. She told me unequivocally that she was required to report me if she thought I had any reason to harm myself or another person even though I never gave her any reason. I was there trying to resolve some under lying resentments that I felt compelled my to drink excessively and after going through divorce.
Then you got one of the good ones, at least in that regard. Seriously some states do not require them to report someone planning something like a mass murder, some say it is okay if they report you, others they have to but still some do not out the fear you will take you money to someone else. And most will not report you to the feds to block firearms sales. How do you think so many people with a history of serious mental issues went out and legally bought a gun to commit mass murder.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Then you got one of the good ones, at least in that regard. Seriously some states do not require them to report someone planning something like a mass murder, some say it is okay if they report you, others they have to but still some do not out the fear you will take you money to someone else. And most will not report you to the feds to block firearms sales. How do you think so many people with a history of serious mental issues went out and legally bought a gun to commit mass murder.
the school was using an AI to monitor students social media. the bot supposedly monitored both text and interpreted images.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...l-media-pages-threats-against-staff-site.html
https://navigate360.com/safety-solutions/detect/
there's also a story from a few years ago about a teenager being apprehended in the same town and planning a school shooting in 2022.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...argeting-a-uvalde-middle-school/285-548733035

Latest posts

Top Bottom