Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do we keep getting caught with our pants down when it comes to school security? For the love of God, locked doors could have possibly prevented this one! Do what other schools have done and make it to where anyone other than staff must me buzzed in, staff and teachers have a key or key card to let students in from outside activities.
The rural school where my daughter attends and my wife teaches has armed teachers and administrators, but they had a “incident” a couple weeks ago and failed miserably. A former student came on campus to visit old teachers, and some of the new teachers didn’t know him and overreacted. Long story short, the kid was wrong for not checking in at the office before proceeding to the classrooms, but the administration didn’t lock down or follow any of the procedures for the circumstance.
I say all that to say that I don’t believe any “training” or ”protocol“ is going to make a hill of beans in the heat of the moment. When emotions are high, training goes out the window.
My wife knew the kid and that he was harmless, but it concerned her how badly they failed at what could’ve been a bad situation.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The rural school where my daughter attends and my wife teaches has armed teachers and administrators, but they had a “incident” a couple weeks ago and failed miserably. A former student came on campus to visit old teachers, and some of the new teachers didn’t know him and overreacted. Long story short, the kid was wrong for not checking in at the office before proceeding to the classrooms, but the administration didn’t lock down or follow any of the procedures for the circumstance.
I say all that to say that I don’t believe any “training” or ”protocol“ is going to make a hill of beans in the heat of the moment. When emotions are high, training goes out the window.
My wife knew the kid and that he was harmless, but it concerned her how badly they failed at what could’ve been a bad situation.

Reality check and training moment there for sure. It takes a special person to be on alert at all times, and a have plan to kill a perp at any given moment without any hesitation, especially when days and years go by without any incident whatsoever.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree my experience from being a first responder is the opposite. Training doesn’t go out the window instead you fall back to what you have trained and practiced repeatedly. If you don’t train and practice the protocols, then you are right they go out the window under stress.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you share how you think Soro's managed to get this man to go kill a bunch of kids?
I'm not trying to ride on Okie4570's coattails here, but I just got back from going out to dinner and I didn't have time to respond earlier, but he basically summed up my feelings in his comment.

Do I have proof that Soros and the far-left are behind all the shootings? Obviously not, but I also have a very hard time believing that all these mass murders, so close together, are just coincidences. It just doesn't make sense.

Then when you stop to think about what Soros, and those associated with him have already done (like funding the riots for Antifa and BLM, and his/their extremely anti-gun agenda) it's not a far stretch to imagine him being behind these strings of shootings. Add to that the fact that our economy is in shambles, the mid-terms are rapidly approaching with the democrats facing serious challenges due to their ineptitude and Biden not helping matters with his, shall I say, lackluster performance (that's reflected in his rapidly dropping poll numbers) it makes for a very good distraction, and one the far-left desperately needs.

As for why someone would do something like this, I believe there are a multitude of reasons, but suffice it to say there are desperate, evil people everywhere, many with nothing to live for. Given the opportunity to become infamous, thanks to the media putting their names out there over and over again, coupled with the promise of monetary rewards for their family and I think you'd be surprised at how many would jump at the chance to go out with a (no pun intended) bang.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently, the shooter killed his grandmother before the school shooting. I wonder every time if these people are self loathing individuals or get confirmation on social groups or other dark areas on the net.
Buffalo shooter did, and it sounds like this kid posted some disturbing social media earlier today as well.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree my experience from being a first responder is the opposite. Training doesn’t go out the window instead you fall back to what you have trained and practiced repeatedly. If you don’t train and practice the protocols, then you are right they go out the window under stress.
I’m not talking about “first responders”. Schools aren’t and shouldn’t be in the business of training for situations like happened today. My wife’s school does ONE active shooter drill a year, so I really wasn’t surprised they did so poorly responding to the situation a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom