Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not looking good for the cops. With cell phone video and the guy‘s first hand account that lives across from the school, they have been caught in some lies and had to admit the truth.

I haven’t had much faith in LE in a long time, but this is starting to appear worse that I could’ve imagined. The fact that the LEO’s on the scene went in the school and evacuated their own kids and left the others is beyond belief, but one of the DPS spokesman admitted it on video.

The story about the resource officer exchanging gunfire with the kid was a bald face lie.

What I have yet to figure out is why most of the cops loitering outside blocking parents had on tac vests with AR’s (one even had on a ballistic helmet) when they had absolutely no intention of doing a d*mn thing?!? Photo op maybe?
I'll definitely be interested in seeing some legit summaries of what actually happened. This debacle will likely become a case study in how not to handle a mass shooting.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the various agencies on scene, there may have been some confusion as to who was actually in charge. You have to remember this was not NYPD, this was a town of 15,000 people so it must be a fairly small local force, and then all the county, state and federal folks arrive but no leaders at first.
I don't see how the locals couldn't assume control regardless of who was there based on how this played out. I know it's easy to say from my office, but wouldn't any police chief worth anything take some pride in defending the folks in his own town?

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the various agencies on scene, there may have been some confusion as to who was actually in charge. You have to remember this was not NYPD, this was a town of 15,000 people so it must be a fairly small local force, and then all the county, state and federal folks arrive but no leaders at first.
no leaders for over an hour while kids are being shot?

if the cops were afraid of entering the school they should have handed their firearms to the parents who were willing to charge in there with out firearms.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When a schools getting shot up and kids are dying, 40 minutes is a long time to stand outside to determine who’s the boss. It took an OFF DUTY border patrol who happened to be driving by to finally go in and kill the kid.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how the locals couldn't assume control regardless of who was there based on how this played out. I know it's easy to say from my office, but wouldn't any police chief worth anything take some pride in defending the folks in his own town?
I think its due to us being conditioned to allow the PD to take care of things like that. Now i can predict that IF something like this happened again this will be remembered and people will walk past law enforcement and attempt to save kids.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tx Rep Gonzales came out today claiming the shooter had a juvenile record. He claims that he was arrested 4 years ago for threats of violence against the school.

If true, once again, it shows how incompetent our leaders are. Emphasis on IF…..

The guy in Buffalo had been in the hospital for 2 days for a mental evaluation after making threats of violence when he was 17 yet was allowed to purchase firearms when he turned 18. Now if this story in Tx is true, we have someone allowed to purchase after being arrested for threatening to do what he did.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant even imagine what would be going through my mind in those parents' situation. Anytime I try to put myself in their shoes, the worst outcome I can imagine is being helpless outside while my child is terrified inside. Im not sure we ever truly know how we would react in such a scenario, but I have a strong gut feeling that I would rather die trying to help them than stand around with my hands in my pockets. If for no other reason than not having to spend the rest of my life feeling there is more I could have done. I couldnt handle looking my wife and parents in the eyes.

It is for that precise reason I carry everywhere it isnt a felony to do so and have my preparedness sling bag. I may not be effective in defending the people I love and care about, but I will have every possible tool available to give it my best effort.
It's obvious to me these creeps do things like this for attention! If a group of parents went into a school dragged this moron out, AND LITERALLY TORE HIM APART ON LIVE NATION WIDE TV, IN LIVING COLOR, do you think the next punk would go through with their plan to get attention?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not interested in laying blame. My interest is in finding what actually happened, and how can that be prevented in the future. Yes, if there was bad action by any individual, they should be finding other employment. I'm sure there will be some that, on their own, will be leaving the law enforcement field. That had to be a horrible experience for all involved.

Sitting here in Oklahoma, we do not know what actually happened.

We are basing our comments on various media reports, and yet we daily state how unreliable media reports of anything have become.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m also seeing reports that he was wearing some kind of vest but it wasn’t actually armor. Not that it should matter.
Report was he was wearing a "plate carrier" which would be minimalist body armor, if the plates are installed, but not full up armor, as some cops wear. I've seen them with full wrap-around chest and torso protection, pauldrons and a gorget, (shoulder and neck protection).

Latest posts

Top Bottom