How Do You Stay Awake Driving on Long Trips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keeping my eyes open seems to help a lot. I’ve never really had an issue staying awake, going to sleep (anywhere) is the hard part for me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wake up when the oncoming vehicle honks at me, i did this twice and it isn't good.
When I was a kid, one of the guys at church worked the late shift at a faculty in OKC and carpooled to/from Norman. One night, he was driving the carpool home and he woke up on the shoulder of I-35 around the York facility.

That would be the York side of I-35. York is on the northbound side of I-35. When he’d fallen asleep, he’d been in the outside lane heading south, so he’d managed to cross the southbound inside lane, the median (this was before there was any barrier system), and both northbound lanes without hitting anything…

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can pretty much drive all night with no issues as long as I have talk radio or a book to listen to. When first light hits , get off the road until full daylight!!
Insomnia in one situation is a boone........
That time when it's gray light is my worst time to drive. Once it gets bright light, I was good to go for the rest of the day when younger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom