Is anyone on here muslim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is what I'm having a problem with, everyone says the Christian's were the cause of the crusades. Were these not Catholics, if they were,they were not Christians, Christians and Catholics are not the same, Catholics go to the priest to ask for forgiveness, Christians cut out the middle man and go straight to God, the Pope is biggest fraud on this planet, the Catholics take what he says as infallible (the gospel) and what he says stands and cannot be corrected. Catholics and Christians are not the same, that is why I have a problem with people saying the Christians are the cause of the crusades, the Apostle Paul never told any of Christ followers to kill anyone in the name of Jesus Christ to further the gospel.

Aside from your errors about what Catholicism teaches, the Catholic Church is the only Christian church that can trace its lineage directly back to Christ (St. Peter is the first Pope). Better to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about.

Tell me, where were the Baptists and Methodists during the Crusades? Oh yea, they didn't exist yet. Protestantism didn't exist before the Reformation, so you're saying that the real Christian faith wasn't founded until 1500 years after Christ?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aside from your errors about what Catholicism teaches, the Catholic Church is the only Christian church that can trace its lineage directly back to Christ (St. Peter is the first Pope). Better to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about.

Tell me, where were the Baptists and Methodists during the Crusades? Oh yea, they didn't exist yet. Protestantism didn't exist before the Reformation, so you're saying that the real Christian faith wasn't founded until 1500 years after Christ?

Don't bother - most Evangelicals think the church is only 200 years old (I blame Wesley). Many of the more outlandish (and some of the basic) beliefs that modern-day Christians hold have little to do with original Christianity. Only us Lutherans can tell you exactly why the Roman catholic church is actually wrong and where they strayed :D

Catholic actually just means "universal" as in the Holy Christian Church on Earth - all "Christians" are Catholic, but not necessarily Roman catholic.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catholics, Protestants, Methodists...who cares? Any religion that approves a grown man to marry a 9 year old girl is seriously f'd up.

Yep....Mohammed was a pedophile.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catholics, Protestants, Methodists...who cares? Any religion that approves a grown man to marry a 9 year old girl is seriously f'd up.

Yep....Mohammed was a pedophile.

So was Ted Nugent (by his own admission)...

Ask around here about some of the Christians involved in sex-scandals (many of the teachers who sleep with students are Christians). Plenty of child abuse here in the bible belt of the country.

Also, it's not as if Catholics have been left out of the child-sex-scandal.

That doesn't really prove anything about the religion as a whole.

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Actually Orthodox Catholicism is the oldest and can trace it back to Christ. Not Roman Catholicism. The Orthodox were the first and only true non jewish denomination. Modern Catholicism (Roman) broke off from Orthodox Catholicism, rewrote their history to conform with what they wanted taught and killed anyone who got in their way or questioned them.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Thank you for your polite and curteous response Mr. SoonerATC. What I trying to get is, being a Christian, non-denominational, I am not a Catholic because their ways differ from ours, from the Holy Bible that I read. People will lump my christianity in with the Crusades which were lead by the Pope. I'm not going to read the Catholic bible, so at what point in history did the Caholics start teaching what they are today, because what they teach today, is not what I'm reading in my bible. What teaching, what scripture gives the Pope complete authority over the church (Catholic church).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom