Is anyone on here muslim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yea, they didn't exist yet. Protestantism didn't exist before the Reformation,

This is debated within "protestant" Christianity. Most historians agree that there have been Christians practicing their faith outside of the Catholic church(es) throughout history. Many modern evangelical churches claim this path as their origin insted of the Protestant Reformation. I've heard the argument both ways, but history is fuzzy here and it probably doesn't really matter. But, technically,you're correct. Protestantism did begin with the Reformation. But, some denominations practicing today that are labeled "Protestant" don't have a strong tie to the denominations that originated at that time. But, again, I don't think it matters that much in the big picture.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Modern Catholicism (Roman) broke off from Orthodox Catholicism, rewrote their history to conform with what they wanted taught and killed anyone who got in their way or questioned them.

Perhaps, this is the answer I'm looking for. I guess rewriting history isn't a new thing.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So was Ted Nugent (by his own admission)...

Ask around here about some of the Christians involved in sex-scandals (many of the teachers who sleep with students are Christians). Plenty of child abuse here in the bible belt of the country.

Also, it's not as if Catholics have been left out of the child-sex-scandal.

That doesn't really prove anything about the religion as a whole.

No country or religion approves of child marriage other than Muslim countries. The arguement that sex between teachers or priests is weak because America's law deem it illegal and immoral, however, muslim law does not.

Mohammad was a pedophile.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your polite and curteous response Mr. Soonertactical. What I trying to get is, being a Christian, non-denominational, I am not a Catholic because their ways differ from ours, from the Holy Bible that I read. People will lump my christianity in with the Crusades which were lead by the Pope. I'm not going to read the Catholic bible, so at what point in history did the Caholics start teaching what they are today, because what they teach today, is not what I'm reading in my bible. What teaching, what scripture gives the Pope complete authority over the church (Catholic church).

Do you follow this line of thought when it comes to non-terrorist Muslims?

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you for your polite and curteous response Mr. Soonertactical. What I trying to get is, being a Christian, non-denominational, I am not a Catholic because their ways differ from ours, from the Holy Bible that I read. People will lump my christianity in with the Crusades which were lead by the Pope. I'm not going to read the Catholic bible, so at what point in history did the Caholics start teaching what they are today, because what they teach today, is not what I'm reading in my bible. What teaching, what scripture gives the Pope complete authority over the church (Catholic church).

As I said, St. Peter was the first Pope.

St. Matthew 16: 17-19: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Here's a deeper explanation if you have the time. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12260a.htm

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No country or religion approves of child marriage other than Muslim countries. The arguement that sex between teachers or priests is weak because America's law deem it illegal and immoral, however, muslim law does not.

Mohammad was a pedophile.

Muhammad's pedophilia is irrelevant to what the law says (especially if Ted Nugent, and several leaders in the Christian Community are irrelevant).

If you're talking about specific laws in specific countries, then cite those laws and which countries - but still, what does that have to do with the religion as a whole? What is a "Muslim country" (especially since Muslims live in nearly every civilized country)? Do all Christians show up to soldier's funerals with hateful signs protesting? They do in this "Christian Country" - and it's what I see on TV and hear about on the Internet.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People tend to forget that the Mongols almost did more damage to the Middle East than any other group in history. All they did was burn Baghdad to the ground and destroy one of the largest libraries to ever exist. Before Mongols=science and math capital of the world. After Mongols=not so much.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually Orthodox Catholicism is the oldest and can trace it back to Christ. Not Roman Catholicism. The Orthodox were the first and only true non jewish denomination. Modern Catholicism (Roman) broke off from Orthodox Catholicism, rewrote their history to conform with what they wanted taught and killed anyone who got in their way or questioned them.

fairly accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom