School shootings. Ideas on how to reduce the damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had time yet to read this thread in it's entirety, but will. In the meantime, my dad sent me this link:
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/12...ce-in-school-shooting-in-newtown-connecticut/

Here's an excerpt...

In response to a tragedy exacerbated by, and facilitated by a victim disarmament zone, their answer is to turn all of the United States into one huge “gun free” victim disarmament zone, where the average, law abiding citizen is completely disarmed, and incapable of defending themselves, where the only people who will have guns will be outlaws and the government, leaving the great mass of the people defenseless sheep, unable to defend themselves in any meaningful or effective way against private crime – leaving them disarmed in the face of private robbery, assault, rape, and murder – and also defenseless against government crime – government robbery, assault, rape, and murder. You know, like England, where the strong and young, and those who run in packs, rule the street, and the average citizen is prosecuted for even trying to defend themselves with a kitchen knife or a screw driver. In England, women are left vulnerable to rape by larger and stronger males, and the small, frail, weak, and old are all easy prey for the young, tough and numerous attackers who want to use them as sport or as a resource . A nation of Eloi.
That is what Obama and his ilk want to see done here. Well, Molon Labe, Obama. Molon Labe. Easier said than done. There are millions of us who will NOT disarm, no matter what stupid law you manage to pass, or what Executive Order you pull out of your ass.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they should harden the schools as much as possible like a jail. Bullet proof plastic windows, heavy duty doors and only one front entrance with an armed, armored swat team type of guard and a backup guard. Also allow teachers to carry guns. Also retired people, cops, firemen, trained citizens could
help guard for a few hours a day or week. Good job for volunteers. Fight fire with fire. Armor piercing bullets too!:wink2:

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Lock All outside doors
2. One Entry control point window on the outside of building that "any "vistor must sign in at
3. Block the hallways at the main and any other entry points-ie kitchens ,so that no vistors can go pass that ponit
4. controled parking for staff only -- fenced and by keycard entry only
5. CCTV for all the grounds and halls, classrooms ,etc-monitored full time

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KJRH did an editorial that the common theme among mass shootings is the Glock handgun. While that may be true, I also see a common theme here: the weird-ass, eclectic, self-proclaimed goth-type outcast. How about as parents, we strive to monitor our kids of this type a little closer (facebook, emails, text, etc.) and maybe not keep an AR-15, Saiga, and 9mm pistols too easily available? We also keep hearing that the shooter had some mental instability issues. I am curious if he had been diagnosed with such, and was under a physician's care. Somewhere along the line something needs to be held accountable for the individual's behaviour, not just the weapons themselves. IMHO.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I expect some backlash, but in reality, I don't see a whole lot happening.
There were no high cap mags involved, no evil black rifles, just a sick individual.

I'm not sure if you saw my post yesterday or caught the CBS Evening News, but they made sure to mention that the Glock and Sig used in the shooting have the capability of utilizing high-capacity mags. Completely irrelevant to the story, since I've seen nothing confirming or even hinting that high-cap mags were used, but just that extra mile to further demonize guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom