Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a young fella that I used to work with in his mid 30's that lives in Mustang call me last night and told me that he would be by at 10:30 this morning and for me to be home no reason why was given.......I was sitting in the garage cleaning the 9mm 1911 that I had ran 100 rounds through earlier this morning when he arrived.

He hands me a box of masks (pictured) and said, "wear these when you leave home old man, with what you have going on medically you're a dead man if you come down with the damn virus".......I didn't ask where he got them and of course he said no when I offered to pay, we shot the bull for about 20 minutes and he headed back north.

Now all I've got to do is push myself to start wearing the things. :)

N95.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using nitril gloves for more than 10 years most of the time when I deal with any type of chemical or auto work. Hands come out sweating and shriveled up after a while. Still I can't imagine how many toxins and crap are absorbed from used oil, trans fluid and other things.
Harbor Freight has some 9 mil gloves that are so tough that I wash my hands with them on, and use them again after removing them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to a commentary on the radio a while ago, and in that commentary, it was mentioned that perhaps a leading cause of manufacturers for masks and other devices going overseas was because of Obamacare's tax on medical devices. Rather than pay that tax to the government, the companies went overseas.

Don't know of the validity of the comments, but it certainly sounds like a feasible happenstance.
Trump did away with that tax a long time ago so who you were listening to was wrong.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucej...istory-after-trump-signs-repeal/#738660174ed4
My eldest son was making a good living selling medical equipment until obummer put that tax on that killed that business.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Literally no one said incorrectly worn masks are as good as a properly fitted mask. But keep moving those goalposts.

Where in the freaking world did I say they did? And you've got the balls to pull that moving the goalposts crap with me.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My issue is the message that is being put out there that regular masks don’t work and people shouldn’t wear masks. You were contributing to that. As mentioned by other posters, including some nice references, masks for everyone works. We should all be doing it. Any message that counters that or confuses that issue needs to die.

Sigh. I said folks shouldn't be given a false sense of security simply because they're wearing the same dust mask to Walmart that they just used when mowing the yard. I don't think I said they shouldn't wear them at all.

N95s are preferred. Period. Medical staff use them and we've been asked to reserve them for medical professionals.

As I've said many times here . . . I wasn't focusing on other types of masks because they aren't preferred by the pros. Sure, they weare other types, but if N95s are available that's what they wear.

Regardless, I'm moving on with my day . . .

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh. I said folks shouldn't be given a false sense of security simply because they're wearing the same dust mask to Walmart that they just used when mowing the yard. I don't think I said they shouldn't wear them at all.

N95s are preferred. Period. Medical staff use them and we've been asked to reserve them for medical professionals.

As I've said many times here . . . I wasn't focusing on other types of masks because they aren't preferred by the pros. Sure, they weare other types, but if N95s are available that's what they wear.

Regardless, I'm moving on with my day . . .
I’ve shown your quote where you said N95’s were the only mask that would protect the wearer. Now you are saying that any mask is good. You said other masks “just prevent droplets from being spread via sneeze or coughing”. But I actually showed research that they actually protect the wearer too. You said “What's the point in wearing one if you're not properly fit tested?“ But then i had research that showed even a non-fit rested N95 did a good job of protecting the wearer, so yes, there is definitely a point to wearing one even if not fit tested. It’s easy to see how your views have changed over the course of this thread. It’s just funny that you can’t admit that you were wrong initially. You’re trying to say, no, that’s what I was saying all along. It’s hilarious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom