Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why then to medical professionals wear them at all? Why is there such a tizzy about not having enough of them right now? I mean if they aren’t effective why do hospitals want them so badly?

Sometimes the masks are to protect the person wearing it . . . and others are to protect the other folks nearby.

N95s are the only masks to protect the wearer. The "dust" masks just prevent droplets from being spread via sneeze or coughing.

I'd imagine that they're in a "tizzy" because they issue them to patients and visitors.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from Sam's. Watched an older lady wearing disposable gloves and a face mask. She was handling the cart and merchandise. She was also more worried about how fashionable she looked with the mask. She was constantly fiddling with the mask, adjusting the position, lifting it up and down, re-squeezing the metal strip, etc. I thought damn, this woman is likely to be in a hospital bed within the next two weeks.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife did the grocery run today. Wore mask and gloves.
I shopped Aldi this morning and most customers and a few employees had mask and gloves yet few observed social distance. It's really pathetic at this point. Bring on the fines.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes the masks are to protect the person wearing it . . . and others are to protect the other folks nearby.

N95s are the only masks to protect the wearer. The "dust" masks just prevent droplets from being spread via sneeze or coughing.

I'd imagine that they're in a "tizzy" because they issue them to patients and visitors.
Not true. Other masks don’t provide as much protection but they do protect. Multiple studies have looked at this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about making a halo out of UV lamps! That would sterilize the air you both breathe and exhale! I'll bet it could be patented, too. :preocc:

There is no virus (or germ) small enough to slip in between photons! :thumbup3:

Woody
UV_C at that level would fry you. Great sanitizer though. The units are used to sanitize drinking water, hotel rooms, and hospital rooms.

9-germ-fighting-robots.w700.h700.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom