Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These things are awesome, they use xenon gas and UV light. Not many hospitals have them though I believe.

The problem with using them ...especially in some sort of sci-fi face mask...is that they generate ozone. You would immediately be unable to wear one.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with using them ...especially in some sort of sci-fi face mask...is that they generate ozone. You would immediately be unable to wear one.

What are you talking about? I was talking about the robotic equipment used to sterilize rooms.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UV-C lamps produce ozone which smells very bad and needs to be avoided until it dissipates

How about making a halo out of UV lamps! That would sterilize the air you both breathe and exhale! I'll bet it could be patented, too. :preocc:

There is no virus (or germ) small enough to slip in between photons! :thumbup3:

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UV_C at that level would fry you. Great sanitizer though. The units are used to sanitize drinking water, hotel rooms, and hospital rooms.

9-germ-fighting-robots.w700.h700.jpg

I hope that UV machine has a timer or a remote so you don't have to get fried to turn it on or off!:hot:

Woody

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jerkwads are disposing their gloves in parking lots everywhere before getting back into their vehicles. I've seen some around town.

These are probably the same personality types that are too effing lazy to take their shopping cart to the corral. The parking lot at the Super Cao Nguyen gets full of empty carts!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand scoffing at masks because they don't meet a certain criteria. ANY PROTECTION BEATS NONE.

Kevlar vests don't provide 100% protection either, but I'd jolly well rather have one than not in a firefight.

Maybe it's just me... :drunk2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is scoffing. Well, maybe some are. I am not. I just don't feel it is extremely helpful in the current situation. Like I said, if it makes you feel better, go for it. Just don't think it is going to save you.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can probably increase the efficiency of cloth masks by lightly spraying with vegetable oil to trap more minute particles.

Water should work as well, but it dries out quickly.

@tRidiot: My previous comment wasn't directed at you at all.
:drunk2:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One way to practice removing gloves without contaminating yourself is to squirt a dab of shaving cream in one hand and rub hands together. Now remove the gloves without getting any shaving cream on your skin. It is best if you practice removing gloves in a way that one glove is contained inside the other glove that is turned inside out.
I usually wear nitrile gloves when I'm doing messy jobs like changing the oil in my truck, greasing tractors/implements, or preparing herbicides/pesticides for the sprayer. If you do that, you learn to avoid touching stuff you don't want to get greasy, and to turn those gloves inside out when you change them.

Shaving cream sounds like a better (not to mention cleaner) idea for learning to do it, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom