A real Political thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the problem, the GOP hasn't produced a single acceptable candidate. We're between a rock and a hard place....rather than trying to determine which of the qualified candidates we want to cast our vote for, we have to figure out which candidate is the least offensive, and that my friend, is what the election process has evolved into.

Yeah the GOP has painted themselves into a corner. Either the candidate isn't right-wing enough for "the base", or they're fire-breathing ideologues who won't appeal to anyone other than "the base."

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Herman Cain, Rick Perry or Ron Paul... At this point Rick is the leader in my mind. Texas have been adding jobs at over 4 time the national average. All of them have there good points and bad points but, they are miles ahead of what we have in the presidential office now. He is a joke!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Herman Cain, Rick Perry or Ron Paul... At this point Rick is the leader in my mind. Texas have been adding jobs at over 4 time the national average. All of them have there good points and bad points but, they are miles ahead of what we have in the presidential office now. He is a joke!

Exactly!!! You are never going to find one you agree with totally. If you do you have been drinking the koolaid far to much.

Politicians are like one night stands, you look for one that is available and closest fits what you want, and pray they do not give you something you do not want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the problem, the GOP hasn't produced a single acceptable candidate. We're between a rock and a hard place....rather than trying to determine which of the qualified candidates we want to cast our vote for, we have to figure out which candidate is the least offensive, and that my friend, is what the election process has evolved into.

I totally agree with this on the most part. Just trying to keep this thread from going down hill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets quit the BS about any candidate other than the obamination.
Put up your candidate, and post their agenda.

Very respectfully, Dennis I did not mean to take away from the thread, sir. Just how I thought things were going. I appreciate your input "even though you are younger, just kidding on that one, I must enjoy some humor this evening.
Ol' Lone Wolf

Your contribution, having experience from past elections is much appreciated.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

100% agree - outside of Ron Paul, who isn't a threat as people are too freaked out over a guy who wants much stricter adherence to the Constitution rather than hollow flag waving and free stuff. I kind of like the impossible Paul, and consider all the other GOP options so far garbage.

And tntrex, about Cain: those are a couple of reasons Cain is a no-go for me. And why is he interesting and not Paul? Because he's the GOP version of Barack Obama. Just not quite as "hip".

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly!!! You are never going to find one you agree with totally. If you do you have been drinking the koolaid far to much.

Politicians are like one night stands, you look for one that is available and closest fits what you want, and pray they do not give you something you do not want.

Wouldn't you rather have a candidate to vote for rather than just a name in the ballot so that you can vote against Obama?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Politics and politicians no longer interest me. IMO, it's fruitless. Government's gonna do what Government's gonna do. They're more interested in what the corporations want rather than what the people want.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politics and politicians no longer interest me. IMO, it's fruitless. Government's gonna do what Government's gonna do. They're more interested in what the corporations want rather than what the people want.

I'm not sure that I can completely agree with this. The election of 2010 saw a very large number of "turn-overs" in both federal Congressional seats and state Legislative seats. While I can't speak to EVERY race around the country, the ones that I took an active interest in were in no way influenced by corporate interests. Those new politicians were listening mostly to the people at the Tea Party rallies and other local town hall situations.

It was people who disrupted an AARP meeting (in Texas I think) about the health care issue to the point that the AARP people just folded up and left. The people stayed and had an impromptu discussion about the legislation after the AARP people were gone.

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that people were donating more towards individual candidate's campaigns than towards political party campaigns. While I am sure that corporations were still donating to the parties, I don't really think they had that much of an influence on the way the electorate voted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom