A real Political thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I can completely agree with this. The election of 2010 saw a very large number of "turn-overs" in both federal Congressional seats and state Legislative seats. While I can't speak to EVERY race around the country, the ones that I took an active interest in were in no way influenced by corporate interests. Those new politicians were listening mostly to the people at the Tea Party rallies and other local town hall situations.

It was people who disrupted an AARP meeting (in Texas I think) about the health care issue to the point that the AARP people just folded up and left. The people stayed and had an impromptu discussion about the legislation after the AARP people were gone.

Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that people were donating more towards individual candidate's campaigns than towards political party campaigns. While I am sure that corporations were still donating to the parties, I don't really think they had that much of an influence on the way the electorate voted.

Well, maybe there is still hope.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave $25 to Herman. For those that don't like his gun stance go back and watch the video. He says the second amendment. I don't think he was thinking let the states trash the second amendment. There is my $25.02 worth.

Edit: Full disclosure: I ate at Godfather's Pizza yesterday!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave $25 to Herman. For those that don't like his gun stance go back and watch the video. He says the second amendment. I don't think he was thinking let the states trash the second amendment. There is my $25.02 worth.

Edit: Full disclosure: I ate at Godfather's Pizza yesterday!

Cain was top on my list until I visited his web site. Go there. Check the issues page. The 2nd Amendment as an issue is a glaring ommision. As a conservative candidate it is almost a given that a stand on the 2nd must be made public. The absence of a stand is a game changer for me since a pol's stand on the 2nd shows them to be either a leader who trusts the people or a ruler who does not.

So far the only other names that have caught my attention are Michelle Bachman of Mn and Rick Perry of TX.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Werewolf - thanks for the heads up on a web page for Herman Cain. I will check it out before posting - you have saved me from posting the dumb-a$$ question "Who's Herman Cain". Guess I need to get out more...

Cedar Creek

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had posted early that I wasn't going to get involved on or in this, but, and let me explain again, I have no satellite/cable TV nor do I watch the national over the air tv liberal media outlets. I do listen to talk radio, no I do NOT take everything they say as gospel, however, I am always intrigued with Dick Morris when he is a guest on one of them. Just listened to him a few minutes ago on Hannity (again, I don't well, care that much for Hannity so don't think I think he is that great, but if Morris is on I listen) anyway, Dick Morris had some interesting things to say and so forth. Yes, I know Morris worked for the Clintons, so don't waste your time on that matter. For those that will follow the debates tonight on whatever it is, Morris will be updating his website or whatever he does every 60 seconds for whatever each candidate says and his analysis. Also, he says Sarah will not run, but is doing a damned good job of screwing, if you will with the media. Last note or thing that caught my attention and forgive the spelling, though I know who he is, Morris at this time thinks, Marco, Mark Arubio may well be the VP candidate on the ticket. This is just what I have heard this PM.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather have a candidate to vote for rather than just a name in the ballot so that you can vote against Obama?

Not going to happen. Never has and never will. For one I have never agreed with ANY politician on all issues and if I ever do, I will look behind the curtain to see who is controlling them. That is one of the reasons I do not like smooth talking political types. I know their answers are rehearsed to the point you never know what they really think or if they are just lying to get elected. Give me someone who has to think before they speak or makes an occasional verbal stumble because those people are usually speaking from the heart.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been listening to Neal Boortz and Herman Cain was on for some time. I like him, very much and more than all others but people, he hasn't a prayer and you must know he doesn't have a prayer, but then what the hell do I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom