Are there any noises you can't stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Wif........I mean screaming kids lol. especially when the parents do nothing to console them. I have kids and anytime they freak out I either take them outside or coerce them to quiet down.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I mean really can't stand. Noises that drive you out of your mind, so bad that you have to leave the room?

Mine:

– Anyone chewing anything. If I can hear you eating, you're doing it wrong.
– The rhythmic petting of pets (can't explain that one).
– People whose mouths click when they talk.

1.The sound of a hound dog lapping up water.
2.Not a sound but the sight of someone folding a paper and then running the crease between their thumb and index finger gives me the shivers
3. A baby loudly nursing
4. Someone schlurping soup at a dinner table
5. The tick-tock of an old clock in a dark room
6. Snoring
7. Iron Butterfly playing anagodavida at 2AM in the morning after an evening of more than light drinking

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2.Not a sound but the sight of someone folding a paper and then running the crease between their thumb and index finger gives me the shivers

That's interesting. The paper thing doesn't bother me, but I can't stand watching people tearing cotton balls apart. And I tend to run out of the room when someone tears cotton balls just the right way and they make a squeaking noise…

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
And I mean really can't stand. Noises that drive you out of your mind, so bad that you have to leave the room?

Mine:

– Anyone chewing anything. If I can hear you eating, you're doing it wrong.
– The rhythmic petting of pets (can't explain that one).
– People whose mouths click when they talk.

I'm with you on that one. Really gets me when folks smack with their mouth open while they chew.

Gonna have to pull a "Me Three" on that one. Know someone who "clicks" when they chew. Hardly possible to maintain sanity eating at the same table.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
..dumb f commercials that are louder than the TV show and comedy skits that think it's funny to yell for the entire conversation. These do my head in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom