buying guns privately

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to buy a gun privately. When I find the gun for me (deer gun nothing fancy or restricted etc) what kinds of things should when dealing with a stranger?

Bill of sales? Run serial numbers through nics? I just don't want any problems down the road.

Thanks

Beer

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Basics are 18 and up for a rifle / shotty, 21 n up for a pistola, not a felon, and that you sell / buy from a person that lives in your home state. Not alowed to sell to out of staters unless it goes through a FFL dealer. No paper work required between private sales. Go with your gut, if something looks wrong dont go through with it. Theres my two cents

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Basics are 18 and up for a rifle / shotty, 21 n up for a pistola, not a felon, and that you sell / buy from a person that lives in your home state. Not alowed to sell to out of staters unless it goes through a FFL dealer. No paper work required between private sales. Go with your gut, if something looks wrong dont go through with it. Theres my two cents

This. If something jdlr or feels off, don't make the transaction. If you are worried about it, buy through an ffl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom