Feeling cold after starting blood pressure meds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got put on lisinapril for my blood pressure, it was stage 1 hypertension. Mostly from stress at work. Been on it for three days now, and I've notice I'm feeling cold, and lacking energy.
I'm assuming this is normal until my body gets used to the lower blood pressure? also feel out of breath some times. any one else experience this?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That damn lisinapryl can lower more than your blood pressure. I got off that crap after about a week of limpus noodlus side effect and had my Doc switch me to something else. Just sayin'....

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took a little to get my meds straightened out......the 1st one he put me on had my pressure had blood pressure bouncing up and down so fast i thought it was going to kill me and then he put me on Lotrel 10/40 and it`s been smooth sailing ......and I quit smoking 7 months ago has also helped too.

I hope you can get that blood pressure under control....take care!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine had just on the high side for blood pressure and the guy was super healthy and since he was young his pressures were high.
Then a doc decided to put him on meds he was 30 at the time and he showed me how to play chess.
Well I could beat him 1 out of maybe 8 games.

Then he went on meds.. I beat him 3 in a row and for maybe 2 weeks and about 15 games he won 2 times.

He was not taking that very well and other thinking processes were not as sharp. He is an Electronic tech and programs computers and great mechanic.

He got off the meds as an experiment for 1 week and he became sharp again and only lost 1 game to me.
Back on the meds and started loosing games again.
He no longer takes any stuff.
That crap med only dropped the points 3 to 4 numbers.. way not worth it for what it does to your other senses sometimes.

I hope you get yours lined out without the side effects.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm..I take lisinapryl as well...like 15mg...noticed that my thought process has been hindered as well...use to be sharp and quick, and now I feel slower and have to really think. Yikes! Hell I am 30yo, and shouldn't be having trouble with my cognitive thinking already! I am trying to get some this weight loss so I can get of this nasty medicine...although as a youngin I always had pre-hypertension, even as a string bean!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it too. It helps my BP quite a bit but I do get cold easier. Nice benefit this time of year but sucks in the winter. My wife can tell the days I miss my dose by how I act towards the people around me. Seems I was an ass before and now I am a likable guy 😊. 10mg btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom