Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oper9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we know obesity is extremely costly, why don’t we outlaw fast food? High calorie foods. Sugar in everything. Put scales at the grocery store. BMI over, food costs more.
Fast food was fine before the 70s when they switched to cooking with highly inflammatory seed oils over butter and beef tallow. Now that's what every restaurant uses to cook. 95% of fryers use soybean oil.
Calories isnt the issue, but the type of calories is. Sugar is also a scape goat.
Most items in the grocery store are just a different mix of corn, wheat (gmo wheat), corn syrup, and seed oils.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that doubt you can get addicted to pot, read up.

Addiction (Marijuana or Cannabis Use Disorder)​

Some people who use marijuana will develop marijuana use disorder, meaning that they are unable to stop using marijuana even though it’s causing health and social problems in their lives.
  • One study estimated that approximately 3 in 10 people who use marijuana have marijuana use disorder.1
  • Another study estimated that people who use cannabis have about a 10% likelihood of becoming addicted.2
  • The risk of developing marijuana use disorder is greater in people who start using marijuana during youth or adolescence and who use marijuana more frequently.3

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects/addiction.html

You're quoting the CDC lol? Do we trust them now? or just when it suits us?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my early 20’s I was addicted to battlefield bad company #1&2 (video game) and played 4-8 hours a day. Anything can be addictive and destructive, I wouldn’t argue that’s an inherent problem with pot
I’ve heard China limits video game time. That really makes sense when you think about it. Many adults are obese because they spend their time playing video games. All of that time could be spent in a factory. They would be happier and healthier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom