Mom was called to school after her daughter hit another student. Her response was perfect!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a preacher story, aka a good story to make a point but never happened.
You've obviously never spent much time in public schools, where stuff like this is far more common than most of us would like to believe. It's rarer in religious schools, but not non-existent. I've been a parent, teacher's aid, teacher, and substitute teacher in both public and private schools, and a PTSA president in a public school.

Bill

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've obviously never spent much time in public schools, where stuff like this is far more common than most of us would like to believe. It's rarer in religious schools, but not non-existent. I've been a parent, teacher's aid, teacher, and substitute teacher in both public and private schools, and a PTSA president in a public school.

Bill
1) Yes I have
2) No one is going to have perfect answers like that
3) Doesn’t change that it’s a made up story.

Zero tolerance policies are stupid (Is my official stance)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zero tolerance polices are perfect for some things and should be dealt with according to those policies without exception.
The only one I can think of that makes sense, is having zero tolerance for zero tolerance policies.

Zero tolerance policies are for people that don't want to think, make choices, or want a scape goat.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me tell a true story along these lines that happened this week in Moore Public Schools.

one of my daughters is a sixth grade teacher. There is a boy that has been a significant problem this year, and last. Various discipline problems. He lives with his father who himself is quite a piece of work. The father has been contacted multiple times about the issues and refuses to believe anything from the school. This little jewel of a child decided last week to start harassing a female student in the class, calling her a beeech, grabbing papers, etc. Monday morning he started it again and the girl spun around and knocked him out of his chair.

The girl did have to pay the consequences of her actions, four days of in-school suspension, which means doing her work in a separate room in the offices. ALL of the sixth grade teachers have been taking her snacks, candy, pop, etc and praising her for standing up for herself.

And,the father is threatening legal action, just as he has done in the past.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one I can think of that makes sense, is having zero tolerance for zero tolerance policies.

Zero tolerance policies are for people that don't want to think, make choices, or want a scape goat.

Zero tolerance policies are for administrators who don't want to be accused of racism.

I'd say I don't blame them, but nobody forced them to take a job as a zookeeper.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Moore Schools as a kid and the bullies were rampant.
Bullies did treat girls like that and if it was in front of me I fixed the issues.
Usually with a call out to meet somewhere and fix the issue.

I was smaller than all of those bullies but much meaner.
There should be a stand up guy in class because the teachers really have no power today with swats being gone and bad parents
all around us.

There were swats in school when I was there and the pledge and prayer.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Moore Schools as a kid and the bullies were rampant.
Bullies did treat girls like that and if it was in front of me I fixed the issues.
Usually with a call out to meet somewhere and fix the issue.

I was smaller than all of those bullies but much meaner.
There should be a stand up guy in class because the teachers really have no power today with swats being gone and bad parents
all around us.

There were swats in school when I was there and the pledge and prayer.
Always detested bullies and have stood up to them. The greatest bullies are like most politicians, they instigate and have others do their dirty work. They get lesser bullies do their dirty work. Our current US Attorney General is a good example.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always detested bullies and have stood up to them. The greatest bullies are like most politicians, they instigate and have others do their dirty work. They get lesser bullies do their dirty work. Our current US Attorney General is a good example.

As is the current resident of the White House.

Latest posts

Top Bottom