Motorcycles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of bike's do yall ride. And why did you choose the one that you did. If you don't have one and want one, what would you want?

Just curious as to what everyone rides.

I will start us out. I ride a 2008 Harley-Davidson Street Glide, color is Black Pearl. with a big bore kit installed.

I picked this because it is a Harley and has one of the smoothest rides available.

Now what do yall have?

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ok then. My ride is an 08 Yamaha Raider and I went ahead an attached a picture just because I had one handy.

I wanted a big bore, air cooled, belt driven V-Twin. That basically means limits the choices to Harley, Victory, and Yamaha. Then I wanted the most performance, best handling, best braking, and most reliability for the least amount of money. So since performance and reliability were important I had to throw out Harley's. And since price was a factor that throws out both Harley and Victory. So I was just left with the Raider (113 cu in V-twin).

So bascially I bought the Raider because it exceeds Harley in every way for alot less money!!! :boxing3::boxing3::flamed:

(kidding, but it really is a badass bike for not much money)

Attachments

• Raider-2.jpg
    Raider-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 149

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honda Shadow Aero 750...

For tooling around town and riding on the back roads of Oklahoma. Great for that.

Stupid V Twins! 750 isn't really good for long highway drives like the old 4 Cyl side by sides were. Wish they still made those in models other than a crotch rocket I'd jump on it in a minute.

Wife says I ought to look for a Honda CB900 or something like it but I've never been much for buying used anything.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had three Suzukis, and loved them. Currently bike-less, but if I could have what I wanted, it would be a BMW of some touring type.

No H/Ds for me.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
99 Valkyrie Interstate, smooth, fast and absolutely dependable and a Suz. Volusia 805 V twin, also very dependable although kinda like a Harley, not very fast. Harleys do have a great re-sale value which is nice but I tend to ride my bikes a lot and keep them forever so re-sale is not a big issue with me and being an old fart I still have vivid memories of my 69 Harley XLCH That I rode for 2 years and traded in on a Honda 750 four.

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have a 99 Honda Shadow VLX 600 in my garage and I leave for Arkansas tomorrow to pick up my new 2010 Honda Goldwing..

Attachments

• 2010-honda-gold-wing-3_460x0w.jpg
    2010-honda-gold-wing-3_460x0w.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 99

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2003 CBR954RR. 137.5hp and 58 ft/lbs of tourque in a 375 pound fully fueled package. Handles like a 600 with liter class tourque.

Thinking of getting rid of it and getting a BMW S1000R, probbaly not though.

Why I bought it, honda reliability and handling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom