Motorcycles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2001 Vulcan Drifter 1500. Ebony and chrome.

As for why, I think the bike is very unique and beautiful. I love the classic, neo-retro look that it presents. In the end, I find it succeeds in paying homage to the Indians of old, as intended.

Sadly, I'm probably going to get rid of the bike since my Jeep needs a new motor. :(

Attachments

• drifter_small.jpg
    drifter_small.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 102

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a 1985 Honda V65 Magna......fast for its age

My dad has one of these. It was surprisingly fast. And scary, considering the height and body positioning on it. Ran good till my dad blew the motor up. Now its sitting there since he can't decide what to do with it.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, don't have to justify having a HD

Depending whom you ask, you don't want to have to justify one either.

No rider should justify his ride. I even give a nod and a wave to the guy on a Vespa. Why? Because he is on something that suits his needs and does the job for which it is intended. He's out here with us, arguably with less viability than a bigger bike, and he's still having fun. Kudos sir, hell yes you get my respect.

Only douche canoes buy a bike to make them "cool". Sorry dweeb, no amount of horsepower will fix your issues. Ride what you want and want what you ride - don't be a poser.

Nightops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2009 Kawasaki Concours14

Before that, I had a Honda ACE Tourer 1100. I loved the lockable hard bags, but wanted something with a bit more acceleration. A sport tourer just seemed more fun than a bigger bagger cruiser. It came down to the Kawasaki or the Yamaha with a slight edge to the Kawasaki. The dealerships made the decision for me, a local Kawasaki dealer was easy to work with and offered me good money on my trade, all the others were making me mad.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending whom you ask, you don't want to have to justify one either.

No rider should justify his ride. I even give a nod and a wave to the guy on a Vespa. Why? Because he is on something that suits his needs and does the job for which it is intended. He's out here with us, arguably with less viability than a bigger bike, and he's still having fun. Kudos sir, hell yes you get my respect.

Only douche canoes buy a bike to make them "cool". Sorry dweeb, no amount of horsepower will fix your issues. Ride what you want and want what you ride - don't be a poser.

:werd:

I love giving all my Harley buddies crap but its all in good fun (and they give me crap back as well). Especially since I used to be one of those true Motor Company guys as well. When I finally took an unbiased look at the Jap bikes I just could not rationally make a case to not go with them over my beloved Harley's. Now I'll never go back. But I don't hate on HD riders or any other rider. As long as you got two knees in the breeze I consider you my brother in the wind.

But I do hate it when you meet up with that certain type of tired iron rider who thinks you aren't nothing if you aint riding HD. That is the one group of people that you get with HD owners that you don't get with the Jap bikes. I usually just blow their doors off and let them go on with their wrong attitudes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom