Motorcycles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first bike was a 1982 Suzuki GS750EZ, and underbored version of the 1100. I lived in Texas at the time. After riding around all day in 105 degree plus weather the bike had a meltdown, literally. The bottom half of the instrument cluster melted along with the alternator. Got more money trading it in on the second bike than I could get selling it, never had that happen before or since.

My second bike was a 1987 HD FXRS Sport Edition. No chrome, all black, belt drive, the only accessory one of those smoked tombstone windshields. Probably a classic now. I rode it from Dallas to Las Vegas, circling the Grand Canyon. Great bike. I wish there was some way I could have kept it, but I needed money to relocate back to Tulsa and it was sacrificed. Had I kept it through the move I'd probably still have it today.

My last bike was a 2000 BMW R1100R. Best handling bike I ever had, when other would brake for corners I'd accelerate. It really needed a sixth gear for the highway though, something that was added to the 2001 R1150R.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 1976 CB750 and it's a fun little motorcycle.

Next ride will likely be either a Bandit or a Concours 14, I've ridden an R6 and it was fun for a bit, but I think the commute to work woild get old pretty quick.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A point that cannot be overlooked is the enjoyment of tinkering with mechanical objects. I've gone through most of my HD Fat Boy, some as part of upgrades- I sent the jugs and heads out to be bored and ported, then put it all back together along with new cams, new brake lines & rotors, fork springs, rewired for a higher wattage headlight, put in the TSSM, messed with 2 different carbs, intake, exhaust, clutch, changed my own tires, seat, bars, trim and doodads, etc.. Others were to repair worn stuff, like the tranny shifter arm or whatever else I've found.

Working on it, along with the rest of the kids' motorsports stuff in my barn is my therapy. They can't talk, don't complain and seem to respond well to loud rock & roll music.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 07 Vulcan 1600 Nomad black/titanium. It does everything that I want to do. My last bike was a 86 Honda Intercepter 500 which was a great little bike, very fast and smooth. My next bike in 4/5 years will probably be a Gold Wing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started out with an RD 350 Yammie, as it was the fastest production bike on the street in the day. (HP to weight ratio makes it still very fast in this day and time)
Went to a 450 Honda for a better ride.
Then to the first year Honda Goldwing in black.

Rode the GW for 60K miles, and finally got spooked when I had to lay it down three times in one year to keep from hitting a car that turned in front of me.

Went to racing three wheelers, and dirt bikes. Did Well.
At least we were all going in the same direction.

Race bikes went away, but have since got back into vintage 3 wheelers, and have an "off the show room floor" 85 250SX honda three wheeler. Great ride:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom