Tulsa high school takes a knee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you are wrong, you are as bad as the teenagers at the ballgame. You are also jumping on the bandwagon with a political agenda.

How is expecting educators to teach without political influence of any type jumping on the bandwagon? I believe Americans should stand for our National Anthem regardless of politics. Failing or refusing to do so is disrespectful of those who gave their lives protecting our freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I explained my thoughts on it. If you believe that colleges today are teaching students to be responsible and providing them an education that will enable them to make their own way in the world then good for you. I think most people are starting to wonder about that with all protests going on. Missouri is a perfect example. Rumor has it their attendance is down. Evergreen and Berkeley are other prime examples. As far as YG goes, I’ve know him a long time and in my opinion, the “educated” version is way more liberal than the guy I knew. But hey, let’s keep it going, this is way more fun than NFL.

If you somehow believe that all education is bad and teaching liberal agenda then good for YOU. If they don't.... who's going to design that IPhone and the network you're posting from? The world needs all sorts of people and there's no integrity in knocking education IMO. This is one of the most embarrassing aspects of conservative culture. You want to blame colleges like the left wants to blame guns. Sorry, but not all colleges are Berkeley.....to believe so is insanely retarded. You hopefully realize that there are several colleges in this state alone. When's the last time you saw an ANTIFA movement on an Oklahoma campus? I believe they ran one in Texas and got shut down quick.

I must ask, what do you know about a college campus outside of what you are told by media? What makes you think that your assumptions of anecdotes somehow constitutes the norm? Or is it just convenient for a narrative?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you somehow believe that all education is bad and teaching liberal agenda then good for YOU. If they don't.... who's going to design that IPhone and the network you're posting from? The world needs all sorts of people and there's no integrity in knocking education IMO. This is one of the most embarrassing aspects of conservative culture. You want to blame colleges like the left wants to blame guns. Sorry, but not all colleges aren't like Berkeley.....to believe so is insanely retarded. You hopefully realize that there are several colleges in this state alone. When's the last time you saw an ANTIFA movement on an Oklahoma campus? I believe they ran one in Texas and got shut down quick.

I must ask, what do you know about a college campus outside of what you are told by media? What makes you think that your assumptions of anecdotes somehow constitutes the norm? Or is it just convenient for a narrative?

I told you my opinion was based on what I started this with, YG then and now. I’m waiting for him to give us his hectic teaching schedule for next week. Maybe you can tell me why a larger percentage of young adults still live at home and take more than 4 years to get a degree. I agree that Antifa knows better than to show up in OK and have posted my opinion in other threads about what might happen if they did. Do all the protests and liberal’s failure to admit they got beat in almost every election not bother you? How about BLM protesting the occasional police shooting but not a word about blacks killing each other as I post this? Do you think it’s ok not to stand for our nation’s anthem?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is expecting educators to teach without political influence of any type jumping on the bandwagon? I believe Americans should stand for our National Anthem regardless of politics. Failing or refusing to do so is disrespectful of those who gave their lives protecting our freedom.

because you are applying your agenda to the entire educational system, which means you are right now driving the bandwagon. It is true that algebra should be taught without a political opinion, but if you apply it to economics it is politics all day.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I told you my opinion was based on what I started this with, YG then and now. I’m waiting for him to give us his hectic teaching schedule for next week. Maybe you can tell me why a larger percentage of young adults still live at home and take more than 4 years to get a degree. I agree that Antifa knows better than to show up in OK and have posted my opinion in other threads about what might happen if they did. Do all the protests and liberal’s failure to admit they got beat in almost every election not bother you? How about BLM protesting the occasional police shooting but not a word about blacks killing each other as I post this? Do you think it’s ok not to stand for our nation’s anthem?

How many hours do you believe it takes to get a BA or BS?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nah, you've stopped short of saying what it seems you want to say, otherwise you'd clarify. You won't answer direct questions as to your words but that's fine. Do you somehow magically believe that YG went off somewhere and college done turned his mind? Must be that he done got the "leeebral educashun!!" That's good.... give the left more ammunition.

Kids are staying home for a multitude of reasons, I'm not sure how college applies? The highest instances of adults living with their parents lies within the poorest communities from what I've seen.

As far as the rest, stop with the red herrings, and movement of goalposts. If you have read my posts on this board then it should be obvious I'm no fan to the SJW movement and finally, do I think it's ok to not stand during the anthem? No...... but like a lot of things I don't agree with, completely permissible, in a free environment. If you want people to respect your 2A rights, you have to respect their 1A rights, no matter what they entail regarding your opinion. Sucks, but life is unfair. By all means you're free to express your dissent... but how about blaming the actual individual instead of the institution?

Oh and it took me more than 4 years to get my degree..... but I paid for it all myself. I guess that means I done got me a "leeebral edumacashun."

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
because you are applying your agenda to the entire educational system, which means you are right now driving the bandwagon. It is true that algebra should be taught without a political opinion, but if you apply it to economics it is politics all day.

Spoken like an economics professor. A lot of kids today aren’t taught basic economics. The money they make, minus what the government, ins, etc takes is theirs. With their money, they pay their expenses. If their expenses exceed the money they make, they’re what’s called broke. No one else’s fault, no entitlement to other people’s money, just broke. They can reduce expenses or increase their income. Pretty basic I know but nothing political about it. Instead, they borrow thousands of dollars, blow it on parties, fancy apartments, etc then expect someone to bail them out. Not all by any means, but a growing percentage. Meanwhile colleges increase tuition, expect less work from their tenured professors, and the cycle continues unchecked. You missed answering some questions so if we are going to play this game, you should tell us if you support not standing for the National Anthem.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How many hours do you believe it takes to get a BA or BS?

Really? 120 at most colleges if you don’t include the Snowflake 101 non Credit courses, changing their major 3 times, or other excuses to take the minimal number of courses to not get too tuckered out.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? 120 at most colleges if you don’t include the Snowflake 101 non Credit courses, changing their major 3 times, or other excuses to take the minimal number of courses to not get too tuckered out.

How many hours is full time?

Latest posts

Top Bottom