Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
After listening to that press conference, I was pi$$ed. Not at the Officers, but at the mob mentality of the press. A bunch of two bit thugs constantly trying to play gotcha with law enforcement, and ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. (They will blame LEO, Guns, Governors, Republicans, bit never blame the perp and the people around. Him that enabled his behavior)
No doubt that bad decisions were made, I have no idea if those were just bad decisions or were they based in fear decisions. What I do know is I cannot imagine being the one having to make in the heat of battle decisions on what the right thing to do is. (The C.O. may have truly believed it was a barricaded situation and not an Active Shooter situation) Yes I know that whatever he or she thought was incorrect and may have cost more lives then were already taken before LEO arrived.
I will wait for the investigations to be done before I jump to any other conclusions.

Hey did I mention the media $ucks?
It seem law enforcement always error one way! They always wait and talk it over, while KIDS ARE BEING KILLED! IF THEY CAN'T DO THEIR JOB WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN, THEY ARE IN THE WRONG LINE OF WORK! if little kids lives are not worth taking risks over, what is?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seem law enforcement always error one way! They always wait and talk it over, while KIDS ARE BEING KILLED! IF THEY CAN'T DO THEIR JOB WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN, THEY ARE IN THE WRONG LINE OF WORK! if little kids lives are not worth taking risks over, what is?
I agree whole heartedly. I also see the Media sharks circling the chummed waters looking for their next kill.
Someone wise once told me, watch what the masses are doing and do the exact opposite. If the media is pushing an agenda, I pause and wait to see if they are correct. (By my math, they have yet to be correct)

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly. I also see the Media sharks circling the chummed waters looking for their next kill.
Someone wise once told me, watch what the masses are doing and do the exact opposite. If the media is pushing an agenda, I pause and wait to see if they are correct. (By my math, they have yet to be correct)
I retired as a fire fighter, and believe me, the news media is as phony as a three dollar bill! They report a good story, true or not, even local news media, everything they report is slanted to their, or their BOSSES view point, even things that don't matter! I have seen this first hand for 30 odd years, and it's only getting worse!

Fade2blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dcXo8Et1cX5f.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
After listening to that press conference, I was pi$$ed. Not at the Officers, but at the mob mentality of the press. A bunch of two bit thugs constantly trying to play gotcha with law enforcement, and ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. (They will blame LEO, Guns, Governors, Republicans, bit never blame the perp and the people around. Him that enabled his behavior)
No doubt that bad decisions were made, I have no idea if those were just bad decisions or were they based in fear decisions. What I do know is I cannot imagine being the one having to make in the heat of battle decisions on what the right thing to do is. (The C.O. may have truly believed it was a barricaded situation and not an Active Shooter situation) Yes I know that whatever he or she thought was incorrect and may have cost more lives then were already taken before LEO arrived.
I will wait for the investigations to be done before I jump to any other conclusions.

Hey did I mention the media $ucks?
"I cannot imagine being the one having to make in the heat of battle decisions on what the right thing to do is."

Not to sound cold in the moment, but those people should never be charge. Same goes for any entity, whether it's Fire, SO, PD, etc. Hats off to you for knowing that you wouldn't want that responsibility. Some folks are wired for that, most aren't. I know we can say all day long "we weren't there" but dang, that's what these folks prepare and train for. I couldn't have set outside that door wondering if anyone was still alive in there. There's no such thing as a "barricaded shooter" inside a room with kids who's been shooting hundreds of rounds, that's an active shooter until the perp is taken out. I can guarantee you part of his protocol didn't include anything about determining whether everyone inside was dead before down grading the situation to a "barricaded shooter" situation.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I cannot imagine being the one having to make in the heat of battle decisions on what the right thing to do is."

Not to sound cold in the moment, but those people should never be charge. Same goes for any entity, whether it's Fire, SO, PD, etc. Hats off to you for knowing that you wouldn't want that responsibility. Some folks are wired for that, most aren't. I know we can say all day long "we weren't there" but dang, that's what these folks prepare and train for. I couldn't have set outside that door wondering if anyone was still alive in there. There's no such thing as a "barricaded shooter" inside a room with kids who's been shooting hundreds of rounds, that's an active shooter until the perp is taken out. I can guarantee you part of his protocol didn't include anything about determining whether everyone inside was dead before down grading the situation to a "barricaded shooter" situation.
According to Bongino and the current tactical training for this type of event, it’s not a decision. It’s a pre planned and practiced course of action. And waiting is not part of that COA.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
According to Bongino and the current tactical training for this type of event, it’s not a decision. It’s a pre planned and practiced course of action. And waiting is not part of that COA.
Exactly. We(EMS) train with our SO deputies on occasion to either go in immediately after or even with the TAC team. There's no waiting on the LE part whatsoever at the beginning of the event.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom