Motorcycles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, I read up on them when they released the info back in the summer. I'd avoid the 110 on a future bike. I think the 96TC is a better engine, it just needs a little help on the big touring bikes. A 103ci big bore kit with SE255 cams is a good start.

Yeah The 103ci that we build will out out perform a factory 110ci anyday. I always reccomding to people that want the 110 for just the power, to let us do a big bore kit. But of course some people like the look of the actual SE bikes, and then some people just like to show off how much money they have by riding a SE

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah The 103ci that we build will out out perform a factory 110ci anyday. I always reccomding to people that want the 110 for just the power, to let us do a big bore kit. But of course some people like the look of the actual SE bikes, and then some people just like to show off how much money they have by riding a SE

Well, a built up 110 will (should) outrun a built up 103 if they're both done right. I'll eventually do Andrews 54 cams, a TTS master tune, and a performance X pipe on my 110. It will run like a scalded dog then.

iriediver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a triumph daytona couple months back. By far the best bike I have ever owned. I've had yamis, suzukis, hondas and harleys...the daytona does everything I want it to and it looks amazing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a scooter for a while in my younger days - 100mpg was hard to beat when you lived paycheck to paycheck! Sold it though when I got married and had kids thought.

And yes, 100mpg. I mean scooter. A Honda Ruckus.

My next bike, a few years off for sure, will like be a BMW dual sport. I lurk ADVrider far too much to get anything else!

Teufel Hunden

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We sold our bikes, just didn't ride much toward the end of having them. We had sportbikes, mine an 04 Yamaha R1, I rode those bikes for 20 years for the style and because I could do a hundred in first gear on my R1 and when I go to a place like Six Flags, I don't go to ride the merry-go-round. I didn't alway have to go fast, it was just the excitement of the rapid acceleration and it's cornering abilities and you didn't have to do triple digits to do those.

?????

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently ride a 2004 Electra Glide Classic. I've been riding since the mid-1960's and have owned Suzuki, Honda, Triumph, Kawasaki, Yamaha and now the Harley. All were good bikes but the Electra Glide has been one of the best I have owned as far as quality and dependability and has not given me any problems, mainly because I didn't modify it that much. That's the biggest problem with Harley dependability, owners just screw with them too much. The Electra Glide is also one of the best handling/riding bikes I've ridden as the front end is balanced and the air shocks are nice.
The worst handling bike I owned was a 2002 Road Star, man what a pig in the curves. It also had the famous "knock" in the engine and I had to take it in for a recall on the transmission. Yamaha Corp. treated me like crap during the recall, absolutely no customer service.
My all time favorite bike would be the 1972 Triumph Bonneville, as I bought it when I got back from Vietnam in late 1971. I was single, young, dumb and so happy to have made it back home in one piece.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Pumpkin. I have a 2007 Harley Nightster now, and while I love it, the GSXRs I have had over the years are far superior all around. The only thing the Harley is better at is making noise. On a separate subject, my Toyotas are better cars than any Chevy I ever owned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom