what do you do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to do this, too. Home automation, security, fire, and theater. Most fun I've ever had working. The only times I hated it were in the rare case it wasn't a brand new house and I was up in a 130 degree attic with short sleeves swimming in a sea of fiberglass insulation or it was a pre-wire for a boarded up frame and roof during the winter. Having a hollow house with no doors and windows creates a stupid Arctic wind tunnel. It really sucked considering how small some of the wires were. Messing with some of these could only be done with your bare hands due to their small gauge, so having popsicle fingers blew nuts pretty hardcore. Still, over all a damn blast of a job.

Man I do love my job and what I do. We have carved out a niche I'm mainly commercial and financial institutions so I don't have to deal with people's homes. I'm thinking about brushing up on home automation and setting mine up.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work in a liquor store part time and the rest of the time I operate heavy equipment doing whatever pays like today I'm working over the banks of a 35 acre pond

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talk on the phone, make decisions and coordinate efforts. Occasionally I get to do the fun part which is cook lunch or dinner for Shawnee.

Occasionally I get to eat it too. :)

Officially a firefighter of 29 years.
Preparing to be a general reprobate with few interests except shooting, reloading, hunting and beer.

I keep getting closer and closer to the rule of 90. Haven't decided if I'll work anywhere after it yet. But this is sounding better all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom