Here we go again, another school shooting. This time in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Video games? Really?

If violent video games were the culprit, schools would be emptied from the carnage.
I do not think it is violent video games. I do think though if somebody is already unstable, deranged or psychotic the games will not help. I am reaching a bit here though, some games allow for the interaction of players via headsets. It may be interesting to find out if he had any online interactions with other players from a psychological standpoint.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The most effective way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
The type that commits these crimes against humanity are very concerned about the possibility of getting stopped before they achieve a body count.
Thus one of the reasons they choose soft targets like an unprotected elementary school.
With the $ we as a society spend on every thing else, the fact that there isn’t an armed professional in every school in this country is inexcusable.
My heart is broken for the children, their parents, the school staff, first responders.
All who will never be the same because of this day,
I thank God for the men and women who in times like this will face that evil and say “ here am I Lord send me!” Then do what must be done

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need a law that enforces self responsibility and accountability or your own actions.
As a society we have moved further from self responsibility and closer to government control over people. That creates victim mentally where everything is someone else's fault or responsibility. A person with all responsibly taken away feels that they no longer control their own life. They will try to take it out on the ones they think are responsible.
The progressives use this to control people. Look at the race issue for an example. It is now a handicap for minorities that they can use to blame their position in life. Nothing is their fault. It is all because others held them back. That gives them the ultimate excuse and also causes great anger against their perceived abusers.
The problem is it is very hard to move people out of that mindset, because they ultimately will have to realize that they are the ones holding them selves back and are to blame.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this and I’m having second thoughts as I write it but is there really a need for civilian ownership of Ar15 type rifles? I know all the arguments that it’s just a semi auto rifle etc etc. I’ve owned them, shot 3 gun, had one outfitted for home defense, deer hunting, etc. Also if we give up that then what will we lose next? Just seems maybe it’s time we think about allowing an 18 year old walk into a gun store and buy 2 Ar’s and a bunch of mags with ammo. I realize it’s a big issue on rights versus restrictions. Just thinking out loud here.
go back to page 4 post 32, you could also question owning fertilizer diesel or even cigarette lighters and flammable materials the list could go on forever

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this and I’m having second thoughts as I write it but is there really a need for civilian ownership of Ar15 type rifles? I know all the arguments that it’s just a semi auto rifle etc etc. I’ve owned them, shot 3 gun, had one outfitted for home defense, deer hunting, etc. Also if we give up that then what will we lose next? Just seems maybe it’s time we think about allowing an 18 year old walk into a gun store and buy 2 Ar’s and a bunch of mags with ammo. I realize it’s a big issue on rights versus restrictions. Just thinking out loud here.

Why let an 18 yr old have a 5000lb truck? Statistically speaking much more of a problem.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were having this conversation at lunch today. There certainly could be an argument made for 18 year olds and AR’s but is an 18 year old any crazier than a 21yo or a 25yo?
Just thinking out loud here.

I recall reading that the young adult brain doesn’t finish developing until around age 25, I don’t know how certain research on brain development is on that. I know from personal experience there’s certainly a broad range of emotional maturity in the is displayed by young adults from 18-25.

If I had to guess, our grandparents probably had to grow up a lot faster and hold more responsibility as an individual and as part of the family than most kids today.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were having this conversation at lunch today. There certainly could be an argument made for 18 year olds and AR’s but is an 18 year old any crazier than a 21yo or a 25yo?
Just thinking out loud here.
I'll support raising the age limit for purchasing a firearm to 21, the same day they raise the age limit to vote, enter military service, be held accountable as an "adult" and every other right to 21.

Yeah, didn't think so... :rolleyes2

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have kids but I will add this, I do think a 25 y.o. SHOULD have more maturity than an 18 y.o. and outta know right from wrong.

I just know when I was 18 I was more hot tempered than when I was 25. If a girl broke up with me, crap just go out with two more. Don’t get all twisted cause of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom