Here We Go Again, another school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to be a young man today. The pressures of being politically correct are too great for most that have a natural born instinct to be manly but are forced to be gender neutral by society's norms.
There are exceptions, and I applaud those. I suspect their fervor is a result of their home life.

Well if you believe that boys can literally become girls, and should be allowed to make such choices as early as 5 or 6 (which is tantamount to child abuse) then there’s no reason to not expect boys to act like girls. Pfff and leftists call US the science deniers?!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may have to do with the over feminization of the education system. Most men get funny looks now if they want to be teachers. Boys being drugged and told they have “learning disorders” for simply wanting to learn how boys learn, i.e. by doing, instead of being told. Feminism and the rise of single motherhood/a lack of real men in these boys lives. I’d be willing to bet about 90% of these school shooter types meet nearly all, if not all, of those criteria.

ETA: also the general nihilism that permeates our society, people think that nothing matters. If nothing matters and no one choice is more valid or more valuable than any other (moral relativism) then how do you make an impact on the world? Which is something that most young men want to do. The answer these days is shock and awe, and having your name in the news.
I think you have reactions in society. I also think schools have taken on the roll of teaching values, instead of learning them at church (or, based on religious values at home). Therefore, I believe values are being taught as having an external consequence instead of an internal belief system with a greater reward. I also believe that young folks are being taught that everything is about them, which is reinforced by the educational system. If young people are being taught that the only thing that matters is them and they worship themselves, it leads them to believe that right and wrong is something they can decide and societal norms do not apply to them, unless it promotes their own self esteem.
The more schools and society push a liberal agenda, politics, an anti-dominance, non-competition agenda, and values without an internal reason, which is aimed at changing our national values and foreign policy, the more it is going to confuse young people, because you are removing nature, love of your fellow man, and God from their decision making process The more this process happens, the more you will see reactions in society or the result of a failed ideology. The place those reactions are going to happen is in schools, playgrounds, and churches.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think social media is a big part of it. When we were younger and kids got bullied, when the bell rang they could go home and escape for a little while. Now it's constant. That phone is in their hands all the time.
It becomes not only an outlet but a source of validation and condemnation at the same time.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think social media is a big part of it. When we were younger and kids got bullied, when the bell rang they could go home and escape for a little while. Now it's constant. That phone is in their hands all the time.
It becomes not only an outlet but a source of validation and condemnation at the same time.
I agree, the media and social media just plays into their self-promotion reasoning.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now that it's not an AR-15, the argument is "LOCK UP THE DAD FOR NOT LOCKING UP HIS GUNS!" If he HAD locked up the guns, it would just be something else. Then something else. Then something else.... Anything to avoid the problem of kids treating other kids like absolute **** to the point where they want to murder their classmates.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These mass murderers are sociopaths. They were created before they went to school.

Woody

A great many sociopaths have become perfectly productive members of society. It’s been estimated that 90% of company executives are at least a bit sociopathic. Sociopathy without a strong morality is where the problem lies.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can blame social media, lack of religion, mental health, etc... and the points are valid, but I think the blame lays at the feet of the parents. I see it a lot in my generation, letting kids somehwat raise themselves with quiet time technology. Might be time to make America raise kids again.

I don’t necessarily agree that the letting kids raise themselves is the problem. Letting kids raise themselves by themselves I could agree is a problem. That way they never become properly socialized with anything except electronics. “Go outside, don’t bother me unless someone’s bleeding” needs to be said more often I think.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now that it's not an AR-15, the argument is "LOCK UP THE DAD FOR NOT LOCKING UP HIS GUNS!" If he HAD locked up the guns, it would just be something else. Then something else. Then something else.... Anything to avoid the problem of kids treating other kids like absolute **** to the point where they want to murder their classmates.

I was bullied as a kid, and so were several other people, by the same kid. We all ganged up on him one time and sent him to the hospital, nobody died, one of us needed several stitches. He never bullied anyone again, and again nobody got shot or severely injured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom