Best BBQ Joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always like Van's.
Love Punkin's in Paul's Valley.
Jake's in Chickasha is good too.

Posted from a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa area .. it's Hickory House in Sapulpa and Burnco downtown ..
no one else comes close except for my own BBQ of course :D

sure miss slick's in muskogee, runts has done a good job taking over.
wild horse BBQ was good but too far a drive from Tulsa.

OT .. Eddie's at 31st Harvard in Tulsa is closing real soon (weeks). not fancy but absolutely the best Ribeye steak in Tulsa!
could be wrong but I'm thinking Eddie's is the oldest steak house same location in Tulsa.

Eddie's uses about 1 1/4in thick aged ribeye about 20 oz .. cooked on a very special top flame broiler grill.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eddie's at 31st Harvard in Tulsa is closing real soon (weeks). not fancy but absolutely the best Ribeye steak in Tulsa!
could be wrong but I'm thinking Eddie's is the oldest steak house same location in Tulsa.

Thats too bad, a real institution in Tulsa among steak joints. Went there many family dinners.

My daughter has a business at 32nd Place and Harvard and when I was over that way last week I noticed that entire area has really changed alot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa area .. it's Hickory House in Sapulpa and Burnco downtown ..
no one else comes close except for my own BBQ of course :D

sure miss slick's in muskogee, runts has done a good job taking over.
wild horse BBQ was good but too far a drive from Tulsa.

OT .. Eddie's at 31st Harvard in Tulsa is closing real soon (weeks). not fancy but absolutely the best Ribeye steak in Tulsa!

Eddie's uses about 1 1/4in thick aged ribeye about 20 oz .. cooked on a very special top flame broiler grill.

Thats too bad, a real institution in Tulsa among steak joints. Went there many family dinners.

My daughter has a business at 32nd Place and Harvard and when I was over that way last week I noticed that entire area has really changed alot.

We go to Tulsa on occasion. Hate the chain wannabe steak houses. Wish we would have know about this one. Always looking for a good privately owned steak house.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Spriggs is hit and miss but still the best around Midwest city. Ive always heard Leos was the place to go in OKC but never been. Ive had a lot a great bbq from different places but never found a place that was great every time. I ate at the new vans in Shawnee close to i40 and it was delicious...then tried the original Vans since everyone I talked to said it was the greatest. Their ribs were horrible. dry and flavorless.

worst bbq ive ever had was rib crib in MWC.

The charm of Mr Spriggs is definitely up there thanks to that commercial, but honestly their Q is pretty average. I haven't tried all the Q joints in MWC, but I prefer Spencer's in Nicoma Park or JT's on Sooner just north of I-40 for MWC (area) Q.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only live 10mi away from Franklin, and I'm still not going to stand out there.

I feel like I've responded to this thread once before, but I think it was just the exact same discussion somewhere else.

Salt lick's stuff is mostly good, not amazing. But their beef ribs (at the original one, not the Round Rock one) are fantastic (and pricey). When I was in OK, Burn Co was the best I'd ever had. No kidding.

Forget barbecue, eat tacos. Mmmmmm, tacos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom