If you have a High School diploma and a training class you can be hired as a Teacher now in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Educating is a science, and students benefit from college-trained graduates who have the practice and expertise in helping students lift outcomes
If that comment was true, scores nationally would be going up, not staying steady or going down. (And I know you did not write that, Snattlerrake)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak for Texas or even Oklahoma schools outside my area but here there's no staying late grading papers really, 99% of everything is done on Chromebooks & automatically graded, lesson plans come from online sources and teachers here in my area receive stipends for extra duties which they never mention when discussing pay.

But maybe I'm biased, coming from the oilfield into a school has given me a negative opinion on the topic perhaps
My wife has been a high school English teacher for 26 years, and she’s never been blessed with not having actually grade papers. She’s also the UIL coordinator and does get a stipend ($400/year) which is a joke compared to the time she has to put into it.
Coaches on the other hand dang sure get healthily compensated for their “extra“ time.:censored: :finger:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow....we'll do anything except pay living wages....
Pay better wages to attract more qualified teachers or pay better wages to keep bad teachers? Good teachers will stay, good teachers would have stayed if the system were fixed....admin issues, discipline issues and NEA/OEA issues, etc. Money isn't the issue, but it's the easiest thing to fight for, be vocal about, and possibly obtain. "More funding, more pay" has been the slogan for how long?

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been a high school English teacher for 26 years, and she’s never been blessed with not having actually grade papers. She’s also the UIL coordinator and does get a stipend ($400/year) which is a joke compared to the time she has to put into it.
Coaches on the other hand dang sure get healthily compensated for their “extra“ time.:censored: :finger:
Coaches definitely have the best gig

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow....we'll do anything except pay living wages....
I'd say we're inline with neighboring states.

https://www.kgou.org/education/2021...y-has-improved-compared-to-neighboring-states
1671737737452.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom