Florida school shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all need to have the talk with our children about rapid egress in an emergency and not following orders blindly. My girls know to exit or smash the nearest window or door and run home.. We are one block from school.. They know they will NEVER get in trouble for doing that.
Yessir for sure! I preach to my kids to not be a stationary target! The whole hunker down in the classroom is a terrible idea that is being taught in schools. Bust a window and haul ass!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cannot vouch for the validity of this picture or the post above it, but I do recognize the faces of the characters on his tshirt.

5mqv2q-jpeg.6874541
The pic is not showing up, just IMG in brackets.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not enough words for the sorrow(and anger) this brings. Let's hope whatever those involved turn to regarding their beliefs is enough to help them find some kind of peace and help coping to handle and make it through this.

Last edited:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off I want to say I’m saddened about the events that has happened in Florida. That shouldn’t happen anywhere. Please pray for them, their families, and community

Now, like dimcm said this is going to cause a lot of irrational talk from both sides of our government and the public in general about the gun debate. Unfortunately when you have idiots like this doing idiotic things, then it makes people “believe” that the gun made him do it, when they are not talking about the real issues. Who knows what was going on in this person’s life, mental state…etc. The gun is nothing more than a tool. Just as much damage could have been done with other “tool” this person may thought to use. And if people can’t understand that then, they are just not smart enough for me to debate any issue, not just about guns .

Yes that's true but let's also admit that much discussion and debate in the public sphere is now limited. The subject of mental health is pretty locked down to the taxpayers needing to pay for everybody's meds like "A Brave New World" and the more and more accepted idea that any body diagnosed with anything has less accountability. Bring up the issue of asking why there's so much more mental illness or even worse cite the work of Thomas Sasz on a public forum and see what happens. As for life/personal issues much of that can lead to parenting issues which is also very touchy for some. So when those two issues are basically removed there's only "evil" which many don't believe in and brings up religion(another no-no), and guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom