If you have a High School diploma and a training class you can be hired as a Teacher now in Oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go look up who is getting paid the highest salaries in Oklahoma education and then get back to me . Hint its Administrators .. The big salaries in education are there .

Okla Superintendent Salaries

Maybe there is a reason that administrators should get better salaries? When I was a school board member back a few decades ago, I learned that a good administrator could keep the school board from "messing up" and getting an expensive law suit.

Unlike some other school board members that might run for the office to be able to "get someone fired" or whatever, I ran as a way to "pay back" to the community in which I was raised. I even had one constituent come to me when I ran to ask me what teacher I was trying to get fired. He was surprised when I said that there wasn't anyone that I wanted gone.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, when the article you cite starts off with "Oklahoma isn't in last place" that doesn't indicate that we've been doing stellar. Also, I'd love to see more data than an average. Average on its own is a terrible indicator. It should at least be accompanied by a median value IMHO.
I'd like to see the strong positive correlation between teacher pay and student performance. I mean, after the 'big' raise they got a few years ago, we saw a commensurate bump in student scores, right?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go look up who is getting paid the highest salaries in Oklahoma education and then get back to me . Hint its Administrators .. The big salaries in education are there .

Okla Superintendent Salaries
I'm sure everyone here knows that administrators are the highest paid in education. My question is about your claim that it's a huge chunk. Go look it up and get back to me. I doubt it's what you think it is. Hint, it's probably not what you think it is.

And, Oklahoma is also experiencing a significant turnover in administration. I guess money isn't everything.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see the strong positive correlation between teacher pay and student performance. I mean, after the 'big' raise they got a few years ago, we saw a commensurate bump in student scores, right?
Hate to bring it back to Seattle but there teachers would strike or threaten to strike yearly and get a raise, they are currently staring at around $81,000. Schools are SO bad that anyone who can puts their kids in private school. Which has also lead to a tiered system . Also public schools there spend approx 50% more than private school tuition per student. Better schools were one of the factors that moved us to Edmond.
Washington-Teachers-Strikes-2.jpg

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone here knows that administrators are the highest paid in education. My question is about your claim that it's a huge chunk. Go look it up and get back to me. I doubt it's what you think it is. Hint, it's probably not what you think it is.

And, Oklahoma is also experiencing a significant turnover in administration. I guess money isn't everything.

I suppose that is why the state superintendent isn't keen on an audit of how the funds are being spent.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe there is a reason that administrators should get better salaries? When I was a school board member back a few decades ago, I learned that a good administrator could keep the school board from "messing up" and getting an expensive law suit.

Unlike some other school board members that might run for the office to be able to "get someone fired" or whatever, I ran as a way to "pay back" to the community in which I was raised. I even had one constituent come to me when I ran to ask me what teacher I was trying to get fired. He was surprised when I said that there wasn't anyone that I wanted gone.
No way would I admin. Longer school year, nothing but discipline on your plate.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, would an administrator of ANY agency or company "want" to be audited?
Yes, actually. When you've been telling the bosses that there's an issue that needs to be addressed, it's useful to have a disinterested third party, like an auditor, put it in writing. From the boss's standpoint, it gives you an idea of how your organization is doing; even if you have nothing but competent, dedicated people working for you, they still have blind spots, and it's useful to get an outside perspective on the organization.

IMHO, any administrator who's worth a damn should welcome an audit--and I'm saying that as someone who had to deal with audits every other year. I wasn't a huge fan of everything we had to do to get ready for them, and I wasn't particularly fond of the petty BS that usually ended up in their reports (though, as my old boss put it, if they're putting petty BS in the reports, that means you're doing everything important really well), but I always valued the job the auditors were doing for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom