Restrictions on Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my plain and simple :twocents:, if there is not a requirement for everyone entering such establishment to walk thru a metal detector then I should be able to carry.

Not to say that someone could still sneak a gun in thru a delivery or someother means. But I think you all can catch where I'm comming from.

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1290.2. Definitions
DEFINITIONS
As used in Sections 1 through 26 of this act:
1. Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden
from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the
person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a
vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding
as a passenger; and
2. Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
a. has an overall length of less that sixteen (16) inches and is able to
be fully concealed from detection and view,
b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material
which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,
c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to
discharge the projectile.
The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act
shall not apply to homemade or imitation pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing
guns or blank pistols.

The SDA restricts us to no larger than .45 caliber and no armor piercing bullets. The Judge shoots a .45 caliber projectile or a .410 shotgun slug or shot, either of which are smaller than .45 caliber. The Judge is a rifled barrel revolver that meets the qualifications for a legal revolver. Nothing in the SDA would prevent you from carrying one concealed. Personally, I like the 2.5" chamber with 000 Buck as it groups nicely inside of seven yards and has very managable recoil.

I was reading up on this topic and the statute, I believe it was 1272, says that concealed carry of a handgun is prohibited except where the statute permits it. I didn't see one that prohibited concealed carry of a shotgun (larger than a 410). Can anyone clarify this?

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my plain and simple :twocents:, if there is not a requirement for everyone entering such establishment to walk thru a metal detector then I should be able to carry.

Not to say that someone could still sneak a gun in thru a delivery or someother means. But I think you all can catch where I'm comming from.

I agree. If you can somewhat assure me that nobody else is bringing in a weapon by using metal detectors at every entrance, then I reckon I can abide by that...but just saying you can't enter this area armed or making it illegal doesn't stop non-law abiders...thank you legislators for giving me no option but to carry illegally or risk being the victim…I can only go with concealed is concealed unless there is a metal detector..

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the good people of the State of Oklahoma don't have any say in whether Tinker or the Post Office et al might allow carry on Federal Property. I reckon they play by their own set of rules . . .

Sky

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello! New in the forum and by the way a very good one.
I have the same problem here but in my case is a Hospital intead a school. I am a Physician working in a hospital with no guns policy. Most of the times I have to go to the hospital after midnight for a ER consultation or an emergency. On my way or returning from the hospital specially on weekends I feel my self at risk specially in the parking lot (in the past some people has been attack) Security in the hospital is minimun at that time.
I also think that we should be allowed to carry (concealed) during work hours.

Ditto to this.

Although nothing in the state law prohibits you from carrying at the hospital. This is hospital policy, the same as any other employer. Unless, of course, the hospital is owned by a university, or you are at a university-owned clinic, such as OU or OSU.

I am also barred from carrying on hospital property, and it makes me very very nervous, especially in light of recent events involving the threat of violence from a coworker.

Suckage.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As to the drinking, I think the law regarding that should roughly mirror the law for driving. You can drive your car to the bar, you can drive it from the bar, you just can't drive it home from the bar while drunk (or to).

Personally, if I'm going to be drinking at all, I very likely won't be found in possession of a firearm (except when we're camping, but then I still often will secure it somewhere just to err on caution). However, walking out of a bar into a dark parking lot or alley to get to your car alone is pretty much the best time to be carrying.

But my town (Norman) doesn't have the same problems, so I don't personally worry. I know there are places that aren't so lovely, though.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's quit arguing amongst ourselves and get busy contacting your state legislators and ask them to start making changes.

I have to say this is one of the most sane things said.
We need to agree there are some things we can change.
Maybe the bar issue needs to wait a bit.
But some others should be addressed now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom