Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooter - patient that had back surgery, complaining of pain.

4 victims

The surgeon that performed the surgery.
Another Dr, a nurse, a patient

Shooter had just purchased the AR-15
.40 purchased at pawn shops, last weekend.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I missed my guess.

Yep - and I can imagine getting blown off by the surgeon's office got old real quick.
The shooter was literally married to a Muskogee Dr., I think he could have gotten pain med’s rather easily if this was the case, there is more to the story. Doesn’t make it right, just makes it fit better

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Apparently he wasn’t in enough pain to stop him from driving an hour and murdering 4 people. Scumbag. :(
Not to mention he killed himself like a coward. Could have done that in an open field somewhere where the coyotes could have picked over his carcass. At least the shooter in Texas had the balls to take on the cops.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was hit by a drunk driver when I was a kid..... back pain WILL make you crazy. No I'm not justifying this by any means, just saying that back pain, in extreme form, is very serious. I have no idea how people deal with chronic pain.
I would do almost anything to stop the pain when I get the really bad back spasms, but not shoot someone else. Myself, tempting, but would have required walking, which was impossible. Kidney stones was worse pain, but I could move. Back spasm hits while I'm walking, I just go down.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Severe pain. Not that I'm saying being in severe pain is an excuse to murder the surgeon that operated on your back, but that's what the timeline seems to indicate was the cause for the murder.
Listen to BRCC's Medevac Podcast where they talk to recovered (and recovering) wounded veterans. Severe pain can make you contemplate (or do) things that you'd normally never consider.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would do almost anything to stop the pain when I get the really bad back spasms, but not shoot someone else. Myself, tempting, but would have required walking, which was impossible. Kidney stones was worse pain, but I could move. Back spasm hits while I'm walking, I just go down.
Know that feeling

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, having listened to those stories on the Medevac podcast, as well as having known a few people with chronic severe pain, some of the meds they're taking can have bad side effects in the psychiatric realm--it's entirely possible that the circumstances that caused him to go off on this rampage didn't really exist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom