Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Add a condescending surgeon, or a receptionist that screens the patient from communicating with the doc and I imagine the rage gets cranked up a notch or two.

Guy that was in that office was on news awhile ago - gunman told him "I'm not here for you. Leave."
That's completely fair. I have been very fortunate to have had a variety of health professionals with fantastic bedside manner so far.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's my opinion. The news says the shooter wanted more "treatment." I think the shooter was addicted to pain meds and wanted more meds. That was the "treatment."

Doctors today will no longer give a patient an endless stream of pain meds. It's actually kind of surprising how many procedures will only warrant ibuprofen.

If the shooter had only wanted more (legitimate) treatment, and his doc refused (cause said doc had nothing more to offer), then the shooter could have gone to another doc.
But the shooter sounded every bit like an addict demanding drugs.

IMO.

My guess is the post operative narcotic scripts had been depleted, and the Dr wouldn't give him any more. That's a guess. I don't know anything. Ask anyone that knows me.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mug shot was for a bench warrant in 2016 in Wagoner County for traffic violations. He was living with his ex-wife and daughter while recovering from the back surgery.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mug shot was for a bench warrant in 2016 in Wagoner County for traffic violations. He was living with his ex-wife and daughter while recovering from the back surgery.
Which would lead me to believe he and his ex at least had an amicable post-marriage relationship. Like has been said in most of these threads, we all want to know what leads someone to do something like this, but the only person that could answer that with any certainty is dead.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's completely fair. I have been very fortunate to have had a variety of health professionals with fantastic bedside manner so far.

Most of them are. Some of them aren't. There was a neurosurgeon in Tulsa that cared for my SIL after she had a major brain bleed that put her in a coma. He had the worst bedside manner of anyone I've ever dealt with, and it ain't even close. My brother offered to whip his ass for him in the hospital room, but he declined. The nurses were incredibly apologetic constantly. It got to the point that we just wouldn't be there when he would come to check on her. We ended up transferring her to Mercy in OKC, where she got a little better, and is about 70% functional with constant care from my brother. The ******* in Tulsa just wanted to unplug her and would thump her hard on the forehead and jerk her head around to prove she was comatose. The miserable sonofabitch eventually committed suicide. Maybe his family missed him. I dunno.

Something I learned from all that; a little bit of brain damage is a bunch of brain damage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Which would lead me to believe he and his ex at least had an amicable post-marriage relationship. Like has been said in most of these threads, we all want to know what leads someone to do something like this, but the only person that could answer that with any certainty is dead.
I'd like to read the letter he left.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of them are. Some of them aren't. There was a neurosurgeon in Tulsa that cared for my SIL after she had a major brain bleed that put her in a coma. He had the worst bedside manner of anyone I've ever dealt with, and it ain't even close. My brother offered to whip his ass for him in the hospital room, but he declined. The nurses were incredibly apologetic constantly. It got to the point that we just wouldn't be there when he would come to check on her. We ended up transferring her to Mercy in OKC, where she got a little better, and is about 70% functional with constant care from my brother. The ******* in Tulsa just wanted to unplug her and would thump her hard on the forehead and jerk her head around to prove she was comatose. The miserable sonofabitch eventually committed suicide. Maybe his family missed him. I dunno.

Something I learned from all that; a little bit of brain damage is a bunch of brain damage.
That is a tragic story. Also brings up a good point about how most of the country folk I know handle that kind of stuff. I do get a strong urge, from time to time, to provide a little corrective action in the parking lot. I remember a time when a basic fist fight to sort out a disagreement ended with a hand shake and respectful nods going forward. Now you have to worry about getting blind sided later or sued until you have nothing left. I am also old enough now to worry about a fluke occurrence where someone ends up seriously injured or dead due to falling weird, having an unknown complicating condition, etc.

You're right about the little bit of brain damage being a big deal. I have read the way we see the human brain in pictures is not accurate to the brain in its natural state. They said it's form is not stable nor durable and is closer to a soft gelatin, it just looks more rigid because of the chemicals they use to stabilize it for examination after its been removed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a surgeon , with a God complex. Told nurse to give me Vicadin. I hold him to read my chart. allergies: VICADIN

He steps out of room and told nurse to give me Vicadin.

I am laying in bed, field dressed, can't move, and heart beating wildly.

Told nurse to call the surgeon that I was going to beat his ass, here and now, then sue his ass for everything he had and ever will have.

Never seen him again. Didn't get a bill from him.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm struggling really, really hard with the whole idea that he had surgery May 19th, released the 24th, and two weeks after surgery he is already addicted to pain killers, been refused a prescription, and has suffered so much he's ready to shoot up a hospital. If "released" the 24th means he was released from the hospital, it wasn't a minor surgery.

I think we're missing some significant information, but since we're speculating with very little... I would think he would have to have been already addicted before surgery (which is possible, if chronic back pain was the reason for surgery). But even so... two weeks after surgery is when enough is enough?

None of this timeline makes any sense. My wife has had two major back surgeries, and two weeks after surgery I'm not sure she could get off the couch by herself, let alone buy two guns and shoot them. I'd like to know more about the surgery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom