Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. My body is used to having the medication and it would bother me for a few days im sure.

Interesting. Like I said, pain issues aside I can take it or leave it. I sure wish I could bottle whatever it is that makes me that way -- I'd be hanging out with Elon and Jeff and Bill ... 😳 Ok ... Maybe I'd still be a loner but I'd definitely be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw an interview on news with the office manager/ receptionist’s who was killed sister. Who had told her the day before that the guy kept calling repeatedly wanting more pills!

I’m not surprised to hear that. Even non-narcotic drugs like Gabapentin and pregabalin can be abused. In Australia they’re calling the over prescribing of those two drugs the next opioid epidemic.

I don’t know if it would make a darn difference if they could have reported him the authorities.

The 4473 has some question about addiction, but I’ve talked to enough people who are addicted to prescription meds that believe if it’s prescribed by a physician that they can possibly have a dependency issue.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like opioids. I've been prescribed them several times and just don't take them...even after surgery. I have several bottles in my medicine cabinet (hydrocodone and oxycodone) that haven't even been opened.

They don't work for me. At all. They make me itch, constipated and keep me from sleeping. The most they do for me is put me in a "I don't give a f***" mood. But I had to take more than the prescribed dose for that to happen. And I didn't like that feeling.

I took tramadol for a while for leg issues related to the nerve damage in my back. It REALLY helped my legs but I'd just lay awake ALL night hoping to fall asleep. I finally just started my own exercise and diet program, lost almost 60 pounds, and pretty much solved about 80% of the leg issues. Back feels much better, too.

I've been taking gabapentin for a while at the recommendation of a neurologist. I agreed to try it for 90 days. I really don't feel like it makes much difference at all.

What I could use is a good sleep medication. If I could just sleep I could deal with the pain without any drugs.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Like I said, pain issues aside I can take it or leave it. I sure wish I could bottle whatever it is that makes me that way -- I'd be hanging out with Elon and Jeff and Bill ... 😳 Ok ... Maybe I'd still be a loner but I'd definitely be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

My ex was an RN who ran the ICU of a big Denver hospital. Needless to say, the bulk of her patients were drug seekers. She said several times that if you really need the drug for pain, you're probably not addicted.

I have a close friend who has really severe back pain. He's had over 30 surgeries. Before the VA (and everyone else) cracked down on opioids he carried around a bottle of liquid morphine. Occasionally during the day he'd take a big swig "just to take the edge off". When they stopped prescribing him opioids I think the pain damn near drove him to suicide. The VA finally relented and started some of his pain meds again.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like opioids. I've been prescribed them several times and just don't take them...even after surgery. I have several bottles in my medicine cabinet (hydrocodone and oxycodone) that haven't even been opened.

They don't work for me. At all. They make me itch, constipated and keep me from sleeping. The most they do for me is put me in a "I don't give a f***" mood. But I had to take more than the prescribed dose for that to happen. And I didn't like that feeling.

I took tramadol for a while for leg issues related to the nerve damage in my back. It REALLY helped my legs but I'd just lay awake ALL night hoping to fall asleep. I finally just started my own exercise and diet program, lost almost 60 pounds, and pretty much solved about 80% of the leg issues. Back feels much better, too.

I've been taking gabapentin for a while at the recommendation of a neurologist. I agreed to try it for 90 days. I really don't feel like it makes much difference at all.

What I could use is a good sleep medication. If I could just sleep I could deal with the pain without any drugs.
Dumb question but have you tried Melatonin

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree its a viscous cycle for addicts and people with real pain with no real good answer. Had 3 hernia surgery first was old style cut open on both side. never took a pill. But it affects everyone differently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom